Plumbing help please

slj1, Feb 20, 6:27pm
Nice clear picture helps see the problem.
The cheap and easy way is to unwind the nut and wrap some white thread seal thread. I prefer hemp a bit harder to do but is what the plumbers use. All available at Bunnings,talk to the plumbing man in store.

farwest, Feb 20, 6:35pm
Don't use ptfe tape on the thread - you'll make it worse. The seal in that join is a washer, in the tube end. Some have flat washers, some tapered. you'll have to undo the union to see which. The washers are available at hardware stores.

russ18, Feb 20, 6:36pm
Is it loose!

budgel, Feb 20, 7:15pm
What farwest said.

pinkkiwi, Feb 20, 7:15pm
It's the connection on the hose that's leaking. Could it be a faulty hose!

pauldw, Feb 20, 7:41pm
It could be but how would you know! A leak at the washer would show at the same place. Have you tried russ18's suggestion and tried tightening it!

pinkkiwi, Feb 20, 8:03pm
It's on as tight as I can get it. I replaced both faucet hoses other one is fine. The leak is not at the connection to the nipple at the wall but the point where the hose meets the nut. I can't tighten that point as its a premade joint.

pauldw, Feb 20, 8:13pm
What I meant was even if it was a leak at the nipple the water could come out the back of the hose nut. When you say you've replaced both hoses what do you mean, are they new hoses!

tillsbury, Feb 21, 2:23am
New hose then.Mico or Plumbing World or similar, just get one the right length.Or is this one of the special ones that goes straight into the tap!If so, turn the water off, take the hose off and take in into the same to see if they can do it.

But it's more likely to be the rubber washer, as said above.

elect70, Feb 21, 4:13am
Its crimped onhas to be cut & recrimpedbuteasier to get newbraided hose fromplumbing supplies.

captaingraham, Mar 16, 9:09pm
I would be undoing the nut and having a close look at the two faces the washer was sealing against. Also try fitting an extra washer into the joint.