Vegetables that I can plant now

treens2, Mar 2, 5:56am
Suggestions please,am in Canterbury

coro2, Mar 2, 8:34am
I have planted some leeks, broccoli, silverbeet, beetroot, lettuce. All as seedlings, not seeds. You can get bundles of leek plants at some garden centres now, some of the ones in punnets are pretty small I think.

samanya, Mar 2, 9:43am
I don't think it's too late to plant carrots here either .worth a try.

peppastar, Mar 3, 12:31am
I just did Carrots and Radish so ill soon see if they work ;)

holly-rocks, Mar 3, 1:21am
Check out this site ~ http://www.gardengrow.co.nz/

laurenlee, Mar 3, 8:25am
celery,brussell sprouts,cabbage,cauli-green leafy vegies.As it is hot and dry here in the waikato,I have taken my neighbour's advice and put a plastic flower pot upside down on each plant.Every plant is protected from white butterfly,birds etc and the bakinghot sun.They are looking strong and fantastic.

treens2, Mar 4, 4:14am
Thanks for all your replies very informative.My next question is I would like to grow these vegies in pots,soil is not good here so was going to mix soil with potting mix,or fill the base of the pots with stones then add potting mix,thoughts please.The reason I want to grow them in pots is I have freerange hens and they very good at eating any fresh titbits.I can fence of a small area so the hens cant get to my vegies

stevee6, Apr 2, 5:17pm
Big pots, yes. Or you can net the fenced off area and grow them in the ground. Costs a bit to do but worth it in the long run.