Freezer problem ;; can you guys help

wilson16, Nov 16, 4:06am
ive got an 8 year old upright freezer that the compressor isnt starting up.
ive done a continuity test and an ohms test .alls good so im trying to buy a new relay for this model but apparentlly the part is obsolete, any ideas if i can use another model of freezers relay! b.t.w looking at the old relay and opening it up ,i couldnt see any thing wrong with it and cleaning the terminals and magnet still wouldnt start the compressor so now im stumped .

elect70, Nov 16, 4:16am
Has it got externaloverload cutout . if soby pass it. if it still wont start itsstuffed .Relayis in circuituntilinrush current dropson start up &drops outstart windings . .

wilson16, Nov 16, 6:04am
thanks elect.Yes it has an external overload, so by passedthat and bypast the thermostat control and still nothing.can the comp.still be bad even after i double checked the resitance on the three pins (2,3,5) and a continuity test that shows no grounding!

fibertrix, Nov 16, 6:18am
Have you tried bashing it with the back of an axe. Works for us.

elect70, Nov 5, 5:10pm
Unless you know what the resistance should be for windingstestproves onlycontinuitybut could beshorted together internally ,either way its stuffedif itsaR135afridge in goodnicknew comp fittedshould be arond $350