Ellerslie Flower Show

rahto, Mar 7, 7:53am
Well, what a disappointment ! It was a rip off $42 to get in and then on top of that it cost $5 for a programme. The food was disgusting and very expensive with long queues and very little choice.my advice, take your own.
There was a few nice gardens to look at but overall very disorganised and parking was not sign posted. My visitor from UK was not impressed either.Auckland lost a gem !

harrislucinda, Mar 7, 9:29am
seemslikeyou were theonly 1outofthousands
win some losesome

atlantis3, Mar 8, 9:12am
yep thought it was a bit average also

wessex, Mar 8, 8:39pm
Never been any different. Went in Auckland vowed never again.

hanmer, Mar 8, 8:56pm
last years' one was way better.bit drab this year!

issymae, Mar 9, 12:04am
first time visitor;enjoyed it ,spent some money on gadgets and salami;warm day, friendly people;great for Christchurch;

junie2, Mar 9, 1:53am
I got a c0mplimentary pass. Went with neighbours who pre-booked@ $30 each. We took water bottles and a sandwich. Bought two ( good ) coffees each @ ordinary cafe prices. Overall enjoyed the experience, but thought it a bit spread out, meaning lots of walking. Nothing much to moan about really.

murfee, Mar 10, 9:53am
as a first timer I thoroughly enjoyed it - great food - probably a bit pricy but I chose to pat and I loved the gardens, bought some bits and pieces and took heaps of photos - and I paid diamond ticket entry and no complaints . . . maybe a more appreciative city should host! But no knocks from me

mommabean, Mar 11, 7:15am
I was disappointed too wanted to go for years and found it really average

morrisjvan, Mar 11, 10:19am
overpriced for what it is ,and another $5.00 to park your car ! thieving pricks ! Seemed to be a lot less exhibitors this year. Probably hiked the cost of a stand and scared them all off.

rusticedge, Apr 22, 9:58pm
we have been to 4 Ellerslie's now (includingthe last one held in Auckland) and this show seemed lacking. not asgreat as other years, we travelled 3 hrs & stayed a couple a nights . not sure if we will bother next year. disappointed in feature garden - thought with it having Weta workshop involved there would have been moving items. maybe we are now expecting too much as all other years have been great.