A question for paid Gardeners out there.

purplegirl24, Mar 1, 4:44pm
What hourly rates do gardeners charge!Is it a flat rate.ie charge more for a real 'ruggered' job :-).Do gardeners take away the weeds or is that for the owner to dispose of.any help advice appreciated.Thanks!

jentomo, Mar 1, 9:31pm
Good question .

dibble35, Mar 1, 11:40pm
I charge/used to charge $25 an hour, didnt take weeds away. If this was part of the deal then there would of course be an extra charge for this, got to take into account your time, dump fees, mileage etc. Then theres extra charges such as weed spray, fertiliser, chainsaw/lawnmower petrol/oil if needed. If it was a 'rugged' job then the costs would go up i guess, but nowadays my poor knees couldn't cope with it so I dont do much gardening work let alone the tough stuff. My boss charges out his staff at $35 an hour and himself for $50ish an hour for rugged work, eg planting/weedspraying on steep hills.

spiritofgonzo, Mar 2, 5:04am
what do you do dibble!Where do you work!

flyingpencil, Mar 2, 6:27am
$20 an hour - basic weeding & not to take weeds away.

dibble35, Mar 2, 8:15am
I work at a retail native plant nursery here in Whangarei part time, and I now just have the one gardening job I do. I have been doing the odd landscaping plan and then planting but thats been quiet over the summer of course.

purplegirl24, Mar 2, 9:01am
Thanks alot for your comments :-)

parryduck, Mar 4, 4:55am
I have a friend in AK who gets paid $35 per hour - includes removal

skyblue17, Mar 5, 6:56am
Hi dibble. Hope the Reisentraube did the job for you.!

dibble35, Mar 5, 7:47am
Hi, I ended up planting 2, 1 got a virus and the other got blight really really badly so didnt really get to try them. I am saving the seed from 3 other varieties that I planted -white cherry this is the flavour i'm after, tangy and sweet but doesnt produce many toms . Copia, tasty good size toms, reasonably productive, and Albenga oxeart - big meaty tomato that produces lots, will be good for making my tom relish each year. Some nice soul on here (Rosco) gave me lots of diff seeds to try next year. yay, cant wait

malone4, Apr 14, 6:55pm
why would you want your weeds taken away! it can be used for compost or even perhaps straw. even the big branch's can be made into mulch by hiring a wood chipper for half a day. Make good use of it I rekin. Sort out a good compost system or even a small worm farm and your set for living off the land.