Wool Felt underlay in Garden

e_babe, Jan 29, 6:33am
Quick question we have a houseful of Wool Felt underlay and were looking at taking to animal rescue place but not the sort of stuff they use. Someone told me to use it in my garden and put stones or mulch over it as it is totally biodegradable and is really good on the gardens.

I have listed it on here to get rid of but if it doesn't sell what other options are available as I don't really want to dump it, so would a garden place or landscape place maybe take it!

piquant, Jan 29, 7:42am
It is really good for several things in the garden. I especially use it where I am making paths (usually mine are limestone) and the other place I found it very good was an underlining for a pond. If you are digging out for a pond, you are bound to get some lumps and bumps in the walls or base - or maybe even stones or tree roots. By putting a layer of underfelt under your liner (make sure there are no staples or tacks) it gives a much better surface for your pond liner.
But, no, no commercial landscaper would probably be interested - it would have to be a DIY er on a home project. It is getting harder and harder to find though - as all the modern underlay is foam or rubber and not suitable for this type of use.

catkin007, Jan 31, 7:12am
Is there a recycling centre anywhere near you!Definitely don't dump it.I would buy it but I probably live a bit far away and don't have a trailer or tow bar.

gag5, Feb 16, 4:55pm
no, don`t dump it! what would you be hoping to get for it! Unfortunately I will be sleeping when the auction ends but I would be interested in some of it.