DIY fridge seals?

k_stuart, Nov 15, 7:16am
Anyone done it! Half the price of getting them done. Looks pretty easy according to the website.

gtcrshr, Nov 15, 7:21am
why not just get original replacement seals ! my simpson fridge that seal palce that advertises were going to be 200$ i went to axial appliances and bought them for $40 from memory brand new and original

k_stuart, Nov 15, 7:51am
I didn't realise you could. The freezer is really old so not sure they would still make them but will give F&P a call tomorrow. Thanks

motty, Nov 16, 1:52am
Petroleum jelly works perfectly. the door sticks like a new seal.

elect70, Nov 16, 4:20am
Seal aFridgemakes them up to fit any fridge(magnetic type ) , How are you going toDIYjoin the PVC !

zak410, Nov 16, 5:15am
When u change the seals,
loosen the screws, remove seal, replace, tighten the screws.

DO not <remove> the screws to change seals.

.jillybeen., Nov 16, 5:43pm
I have removed the seals from a wirlpool fridge a dip like the letter U is left.
I have been told its not resealable by a number of repair people.Any ideas.!I dont want to throw a perfectly good fridge away.

cantabman1, Nov 16, 6:33pm
A shit of a job to do as you have to know how to ajust all the screws to get it to fit correctly, I advice you get the experts to do the job and just swollow the cost.[ex retail appliance owner]

supernova2, Nov 16, 9:53pm

supernova2, Nov 16, 9:55pm
I've done a few and never had a problem.Its called common sense and it's a bit fiddly but i certainly wouldn't say it was difficult.

mrfxit, Nov 16, 10:05pm
Door off & on it's back, makes it a WHOLE LOT easier

maibuy, Nov 10, 6:14pm
That's a good idea. Ta.