Spittle bug are attacking my lavender plants any suggestions on how to rid themapart from hosing down and manually

annamairi, Nov 15, 12:35am
Spittle bug are attacking my lavender plants. Any suggestions on how to rid themapart from hosing down and manually quashing them.

kateley, Nov 15, 1:37am
x1
some kind of systemic insecticide is your best bet - my choice would be confidor as it's reasonably safe for humans and pets

racheal77, Nov 15, 4:20am
me too! all over my lavender and I have never had them before, I have been hosing them - they seem just to come back the next day. Will try confidor

samanya, Nov 15, 6:39am
Serious question, as I have it on my Lavender as well . does it actually do any harm!

kateley, Nov 15, 6:44am
It doesn't do a great deal of harm, sucks a bit of sap out, but mostly just looks yuk

kiwiscrapper1, Nov 15, 7:09am
i have them on my roses! can I spray them with confidor!

gag5, Nov 15, 7:56am
yes, also on my lavender - ist time I`v seen them there. I just went along one evening & found each bug & squashed it - seems to have done the trick as that was a week ago & havent seen any since.

vinny8, Nov 15, 8:18am
simply hosing them off with a good stream of water does the trick as they don't survive without the spittle around them. I had them on my plants as well but they haven't return after the water bath.

kateley, Nov 2, 6:57pm
you can use confidor on all your ornamentals but it's not recommended for fruit/veg.The insecticide gets into the inside of the plant and the bugs suck it up with the sap.