What's in your veggie garden right now?

Page 1 / 6
shabbychic8, Nov 13, 8:49am
i LOOOOVE when we start coming into warmer weather. The yard becomes such a magical place!

bugin, Nov 13, 9:26am
Pumpkin zucchini cucumber,kales,spinach,silverb-
eet ,lettuce ,pak choi ,bok choi,parsley,mint,time, sage basil,leek,onions,garlic, shallots,yams, jerusalem artichoke,potatoes,tomatoes,be-
ans,raspberry blueberries,blackberry,orangeb-
erry, passionfruit,lemon ,lime,orange, mandarin,rhubarb,tamarillo, feijoa,persimmon,plums,blackbo-
y peach ,cherries,prune plum.hazel nuts pecan wallnut ,macadamia,Plus 5 hct of apples.

gardie, Nov 13, 3:55pm
I can't beat bugin but I have lettuces (a heap of varieties), carrots, beans (3 different), two different zucchinis, parsley, chives, basil, potatoes, brocolli cauli (white & orange), peas, silverbeet, tomatoes (5 different!), pumpkin and butternut, strawberries.I love eating fresh each day from the garden.

lythande1, Nov 13, 6:20pm
Pumpkin, sage, mint, oregano, parsley, basil, marjoram, rosemary, chives, bay, tomatoes, peas, lettuce, radish, cucumber, capsicum, beetroot, caulis, zucchini, spring onions, strawberries, potato, silverbeet, passionfruit, grapes, lemon, orange plum, cherry.

glenleigh, Nov 13, 6:33pm
Spinnach, silver beet, pukpkins, kumi kumi, courgettes, cucumbers (telegraph and apple) mint, purple sage, rosemary, chives, spring onions, tomatoes, peas, lettuces (several varieties) strawberries, red and black currents, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, heartease for salads, leeks, parsley beans, corn, celery, fruit trees in the orchard looks likethere will be good crops of plums, peaces, apples, crab apples and I see the dwarf apricot has about five fruits forming in its first year.Exciting times with lots of seedlings coming on to fill in the gaps.Quite amazing when you start to rattle off what you have planted, I know I have forgotten a few things that hubby has put into his plot will check his out later when I get out there again this morning.

shabbychic8, Nov 13, 6:41pm
that's all, huh!

shabbychic8, Nov 13, 6:44pm
Yes it sounds like so much once you have written it all down. We have a small yard but it's amazing how much you can fit in.

littlemissy1, Nov 13, 6:58pm
Some are in, some have just been sown.lettuce mix, spring onion, pak choi, blue pumpkin, small pumpkin, corn, beans, silverbeet mix, zucchini, cucumber, tomato varieties, sunflowers, potatoes, watermelon, 3 other melon varieties, nasturtium, calendula, marigold, borage, red and black currants, 2 type raspberry, lime, rhubarb, small lemon, mandarin and orange, parsley, rosemary, chives, cranberry and strawberries.

ETA.My gardens are very small, so I have to be very creative with space, use containers and companion planting is a favourite. Its amazing what you can do with a small space!

kaddiew, Nov 13, 7:05pm
Very little compared to you all, but have been enjoying my jersey bennes for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Yummm

shabbychic8, Nov 13, 8:10pm
I use heaps of 99c buckets with holes drilled. I then squish them anywhere I have space

nellbee, Nov 13, 8:23pm
Weeds, and lots of them. Finishing a thesis and looking longingly at the garden.

oh_hunnihunni, Nov 13, 8:49pm
This year I put sugar snaps in hanging baskets. I noticed yesterday I have flowers - be interesting to see how the harvest goes.

bugin, Nov 13, 10:42pm
Actually a few more fruit trees .We juice a lot of green veg ,and make fruit leathers a lot so it all gets used or traded.

littlemissy1, Nov 13, 10:43pm
I will be doing the same.Mitre 10 had these square black mop buckets which I think I will get, only $1.30 or thereabouts each and very strong.

littlemissy1, Nov 13, 10:45pm
Oh yum! I love fruit leather.its so expensive to buy. All my extra's will be given to friends and family or taken to the foodbank/charity shops. I loathe wasted food

kofia, Nov 13, 10:57pm
I to have been enjoying my garden, just love to get out there and forget about the rest of the world for an hour or two. lol
Peas, sugar snaps, variety of lettuces, radishes, beans (variety) egg plants, huge variety of tomatoes, roughly 70 plants, sweet corn, celery, parsley, narstirums, basil, sage, strawberries, lemon trees, lime tree, fennel, chives, variety zucchini, cucumber ( telegraph n apple ) broad beans, red n brown onions, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, capsacuims, chillies, spring onions, silver beet, passion fruit, mint, leeks, carrots, oregano, garlic.Enjoy your gardens everyone and bring on the Sun n good weather .

thistle4, Nov 14, 2:37am
1st raised bed

Lettuce, Cavolo Nero, Cauliflower, Zucchini (both normal and round), Jerusalem Artichokes, Black Currants, Gooseberries, Tomatoes, Cranberries, Blackberries, Sugar Snap peas.

2nd raised bed

Blackberries, Raspberries, Tomatoes, Zuccini, Gherkins, Jerusalem Artichokes.

3rd raised bed

Rhubarb, Beetroot, Pac Choy, Runner and Broad Beans

4th raised bed

Silver Beet, Cavolo Nero, Capsicums, Garlic, Lambs Lettuce.

5th raised bed.

A nice variety of herbs, I use so many different ones.

I also have 4 Apple trees, 2 Plum trees, a Fig tree, Lemon and Lime trees, Redcurrants. Can't think what else.lol

helianthus, Nov 14, 2:54am
Broad Beans, Runner Beans (2 varieties), Carrots, Red Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, Lettuce, Tomatoes (6 varieties) Sweetcorn, Courgettes, Cucumbers, Radishes, Cauliflower, Silverbeet (2 varieties), Parsley, Beetroot, Garlic, Pumpkins, Potatoes (early and maincrop) - and in the fruit garden- Apples (12 varieties), Pears (5 varieties), Plums (7 varieties), Grapefruit, Lemon (2 varieties), Mandarin, Lime, Feijoas, Figs (3 varieties), Persimmon, Quince, Strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, cranberry, nectarine, cherries (2 varieties), grape and thats all I can remember though I have probably forgotten something.

fiona98, Nov 14, 3:34am
Snails and slugs, arhhhh, I have planted silverbeet and lettuces 3 times, I am at my wits end what to do to stop these nasties eating my plants.I have tried beer, egg shells, coffee grounds, snail bait, and have just put saw dust around each plant to see if this works.I did go out one night with a torch but only got one slug.

grannypam, Nov 14, 3:40am
just about everything already mentioned but absolutely NO Broad Beans .
neither of us like them but we do have plenty of dwarf beans and runner beans growing.

very few fruit trees but we have Feijoas and Manderins plus a newly planted Lemon tree.

moppy26, Nov 14, 10:36pm
Fiona try cutting the bottom off plastic bottles and putting them over your tender new plants.I save large drink bottle but you could use milk bottles too, it seems to be only the new tender plants they gobble up, once grown they seem find something else to crunch on.

shabbychic8, Nov 15, 6:05am
I love how mobile they are too - you can move plants to the sun if they are looking a little tired, and you can bring them in when it's cold

fiona98, Nov 15, 8:56am
Thanks moppy, i think I might have to take your advice.

littlemissy1, Nov 15, 9:30am
@shabbychic.yes and not too heavy to move around. Im thinking of hanging some from the fence rails so things can dangle down from them, they can drain easy and I can put them in the sunniest spots.

@fiona.I agree with moppy, I have used egg shells for some things and they worked well but you cant beat de-bottomed drink bottles.they protect as well as providing a snuggly home till they are big enough.

2young1, Nov 15, 10:01am
late start for me this year but finally.
pototoes agria and red rascal, bush tomatoes, beetroot, plums,passionfruit, feijoe, figs,lemons, pear, apple, mandarine, spring onions, coriander and parsley, sweetcorn, courgettes, strawbs, basil, beans,