Dux quest piping/plumbing

amie10, Feb 24, 4:53am
Hi everyone. I am looking at buying an 80's house (single story solid concrete floor so piping is in the ceiling) I got a builders report today and it came up with this type of plumbing with a huge warning attached. Is it a big job to have this replaced? 160 square metre hm, 1 bathroom, separate toilet and 1 kitchen. Thanks for any advice given

raven71, Feb 24, 5:11am
Yes, it would be a huge job. Some of those water pipes would be down inside the walls and it takes time and labour ($$$) to do all that work to replace it.

amie10, Feb 24, 5:14am
Any idea on cost? just so we can negotiate on price?

maclad, Feb 24, 5:19am
Dux Quest is not a good thing to have. I know as I had to replace all mine to ensure that my insurance would remain intact. My house is only small but it cost me $1600 two years ago to replace. I would suggest that the seller replace this faulty product before listing the property for sale.
The Dux Quest in my house failed and caused alot of damage, eg $6000 and as it was hidden gradual damage the insurance company only paid out $2000, so be aware and be very careful.

52many, Feb 24, 5:19am
If you can get a house plan on the place when it was built. take it into a plumbing merchant for an estimate. Your council should have one.

amie10, Feb 24, 5:45am
Great idea. Thanks heaps

nizza5, Feb 24, 5:43pm
the last house i repipe because of dux quest was around 7k so try and get 10k off the price your insurance company does not like dux quest and you may have problems there until you get it repipe.

bsj02, Feb 24, 6:01pm
Our re-piping cost $4000 for a 200m sq house

amie10, Feb 27, 8:11am
So an update: apparently the vendors knew about the pipe work as a couple of joints had already given, we said no to the sale unless the did a complete refit, the agreed and is now getting quotes to get plumbing rectified. All may turn out ok.

carter19, May 20, 10:33am
Make sure they get the pipework to the shower changed. It can often be left as it could require removing the shower walls. (depends on the mixer type, size of hole for the mixer and wall type)) Obviously this costs alot of money and thus is often left.