Removing glue from concrete floor

sarahjane74, Jul 8, 7:04am
My hubby and I have ripped up our carpet in the lounge with a view to eventually polishing the concrete. There is a lot of the glue stuck to the floor. We are scraping it off but wonder if we are wasting our time as we need to sand the floor and then seal it? Has anyone done this themselves? Do we need to remove glue? The concrete looks okay and we thought we may not need to sand but just polish? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

cabrio1, Jul 8, 7:23am
Get a concrete grinding fella in. You will have to anyway to get a nice finish.
Sit back and watch, one for the professionals I think.
Had ours done looks awesome, not polished just ground and sealed. A lot cheaper.

jacinda2059, Jul 8, 9:24pm
get advice from a concrete floor polishing expert before you touch the glue, as it probably has to be removed some other way than grinding as the glue will clog up his diamond grinding pads.ask about applying a polyaspartic clear sealer. will last for years.

underconstructy, Nov 27, 5:02pm
Do you realise that polishing a standard concrete slab may not actually give you the result your after? as it is just plain concrete with 16mm aggregate or similar. Most slabs that are laid with the intention of being polished use a bit of black oxide or colour and some decorative aggregate to get that exposed aggregate polished look.

Chances are polishing a standard slab will look like a factory floor as all of your aggregate will be at the bottom of the slab and the fines at the top.