Super glue?

niffer13, Nov 21, 7:12am
I have managed to drop 3 drips of super glue on my bench top! How do I remove it safely?

ro42, Nov 21, 7:31am
What's your bench top made of? You could try acetone (nail polish remover) on a cotton ball.

niffer13, Nov 21, 8:11am
Formica

shakespeare6, Nov 21, 8:39am
Just leave it be, you will find after a couple of weeks it will start to wear off it self. You will be able to pick it off with your nail.
You can try thinner this is what's used to clean off excess glue when joining bench tops with no harm but sitting there rubbing away at one spot might start to leave a mark

jmma, Nov 21, 10:03am
Let it dry and scrap off with razor blade.

ro42, Nov 21, 6:32pm
Acetone should be OK then. rub gently, not hard.

maclad, Nov 21, 11:32pm
O/T but funnny. I knew a girl once who was gluing a knob back onto a cupboard door. She didn't realize the glue was running over her fingers. Hence, very embarrassed she arrived at doctors with 3 fingers glued to the knob.

nzoomed, Nov 22, 2:04am
They say acetone removes it, but in my experience, its never worked for me.

Acetone will be safe on Formica though.

tigra, Nov 22, 2:52am
This worked for me and henceforth I have always worked over a sheet of newspaper

whitehead., Nov 22, 8:23pm
purple and pink wall cleaner i used it to remove the same from my shower yesterday put it on leave for a few minutes and then rub and pick off with your nails .it also cleaned the glue off my fingers

niffer13, Nov 24, 11:49pm
Sorry I don't know what you mean by purple & pink wall cleaner?

floydandu2, Nov 24, 11:58pm
Actually, if it is standard super glue, it's not water resistant, and hot soapy water will loosen its grip over a fairly short amount of time. I'd just rub some detergent on it, then pour a bit of kettle water on it each time you make a cuppa. You'll pick it off fairly easy.

whitehead., Jul 21, 1:51pm
we are not allowed to use brand names on here but if you go to the supermarket and look in the cleaner shelf you will see spray cans of purple and pink tins of wall cleaner its great stuff for getting soap scum off shower walls