Shower dome

peteyboo1, Jan 10, 6:17am
Anyone done a self install on a 1m x 1m square shower dome? how easy was it . I have done a bit of building before so not clueless. thanks in advance

krames, Jan 11, 7:59am
easy as,follow the instructions.get a square piece of cardboard to check for square incase you nee to cut off squareie shower walls not square

bluefrog2, Jan 13, 12:56am
Probably depends on your shower.
Had one put on our shower which has sliding doors.
Most of the time the installer spent was on measuring, and a bit on cutting to size. Our shower top has a level profile, and the sliding doors have no gaps when closed, so no extra rubber seals needed. He did put one screw into the dome to hold it to the top of the aluminium shower frame in case of an earthquake, otherwise the dome just sits on top like a hat.

My MIL's shower has a swing outward door with a small gap at the top, and hers needed an extra rubber seal to close off the gap.

busybeaver2, Jun 14, 7:17pm
yes i agree the dome came packed in cardboard big enough to measure and cut a template, then just marked cuts with a felt pen then I just used an angle grinder with a skinny cutting disc to cut out. took my time checked a lot . Mine was a 1m * 1m curved shower, nice result sits on like a hat.