Poisonous garden sprays

hopscotch07, Feb 25, 4:29am
Any suggestions on getting rid of various poisonous garden sprays that we "inherited" when we bought our house. I refuse to use them but it seems a bit of a waste to just dump them. Am I allowed to sell them on TM maybe?

maclad, Feb 25, 4:45am
Disposal depends on what sprays they are, but thinking on selling on Trademe not a great option. If you refuse to use them why would anyone else want them and they may be past their use by date. I'm sure your local council can and would help you.

gabbysnana, Feb 25, 6:10am
if you ring rd1 or farmlands or your regional council they can tell you where to dispose of them some aged chemicals can become unstable.

flopsie, Feb 25, 8:32am
Tell the owners to come and get them.

hopscotch07, Feb 26, 4:58am
Fantastic, many thanks for the suggestions. Will try RD1 and Farmlands first. Thanks again.

kenw1, Feb 26, 8:50pm
You can take them to the dump up rewa rewa road. After Monday when they have their new chem disposal facility up and running.

carebears09, Feb 28, 9:32am

sweet_rhianna, Mar 1, 10:04pm
Been there, done that. Usually doesn't work. If they wanted them they would have taken them. I've still got unknown chemicals that needs disposing of from the previous owners.

pauldw, May 15, 11:29am
"For household or garden chemicals please contact your local council for disposal options as these are not subsidised through Agrecovery."

Wgtn tip allows up to 20l at a time private drop off.