Thick pile carpet - what vacume?

busybee72, Nov 29, 1:58am
I have just spent mega $$$ on a 60gsm carpet with medium pile. Our electrolux just does not like it. What brands or features do you recommend for this type of carpet? Bag? Bagless? Upright? Canister? Powered head? Air driven head? Dyson, Meile, Sebo. Aaaarrrgghhhh.

joberri, Nov 29, 3:11am
I had a Dyson and now have a hoover mode I think it is, Dyson just dug its toes in at new plush carpet so had to replace it.

fhpottery, Nov 29, 3:31am
Try a 2000watt warehouse one. Ive heard they are actually OK!

shakespeare6, Nov 29, 8:13am
We just went through that , went for a hoover with power head. the power head height adjusts so it's not pulling into the pile so much. The whole kit set us back $1100 but well worth it .

korban, Dec 1, 8:08am
Miele, very happy with mine.

cagivachick1, Dec 1, 8:11am
dyson happy with that as well

malcovy, Dec 1, 8:26am
Thanks for this comment too by the way as I bought one for over 1/2 price and the vacuum is fantastic and the head for pet hair. I seriously vacuumed up an embarrassing amount of animal hair and dirt. For the price of them I do recommend the kambrook.
I do intend to buy a miele once this new one wears out as the recommendations on here have been so complimentary.

whitehead., Dec 1, 9:21am
my 18 month old dyson broke this afternoon the bit of plastic that it sits on to hold the drum broke and i cant use it

dollydot, Jul 13, 3:18pm
We have new carpet also and continue to use our Meile (cat & dog) with turbo head but have turned down the suction a little as it was harder to push with the increased pile.