Wet carpet

jkp58, Jun 6, 6:11am
Friend had carpet get wet. sucked up water with wet and dry vaccum has fan heater in room still fairly wet 2days later advice please.thanks in advance

jills3, Jun 6, 6:20am
dehumdifier would be good as it sucks up the moisture. I would keep doing it with the wet and dry vac, then when you think you have most of water up use the dehumdifier.

maclad, Jun 6, 6:35am
You can hire, reasonably cheap, from hire centres, those big fans. Cannot remember what they are called but you leave them running 24/7 or as long as it takes. They flow over the floors removing moisture. I had a major flood 2 years ago and hired one for a week. It did the trick and was not too hard on the power bill. Guess it depends on how bad the problem is.

gabbysnana, Jun 6, 7:50am
It can be pulled up to dry off. the floor can then dry out. There was a company here that took away the carpet and underlay dried it in a huge barn with huge heat blowers carpet hanging from the roof then relaid it.

nick2707, Jun 6, 8:25am
Hire an air mover. They have a spring clip on the front, you lift an edge of the carpet up and turn the machine on full tit, it blows air under the carpet and dries it quick.

atlantis3, Jun 6, 8:47am
Some insurance companies will look after drying the carpets for free ie no excess. They did when we had a flood from the washing machine.

differentthings, Jun 6, 8:35pm
X2. Don't use a heater

maclad, Dec 21, 5:47pm
The air mover I refer to only blows cold air at high speed removing moisture