Water blasters.

arnie62, Nov 30, 12:17am
so we are on the hunt for a decent water blaster for cleaning the tractor and vehicles and also the woolshed floor. and maybe the concrete around the house and most likely everything else that needs water blasting, what are your suggestions!

mrfxit, Nov 30, 12:52am
Budget limit FIRST
Then
How often will it get used
Who there knows how to maintain & understand WHEN it will need attention

Minimal usage =
$500 6hp 2.600/3000psi Supercheap/ Repco/ Placemakers TROLLEY mounted petrol waterblaster
They use whats called a "squash plate" pump & are fine for casual usage

From there upwards in price for machines that use a "piston pump".

The electric Karchers & the likes of the same "all in one" units regardless of brand are in my mind. a "power washer" & only really suitable for domestic "once a year" car engine clean & cleaning wheels/ motor mowers etc.

By the sounds of what you have mentioned, budget for $500 to $2500 depending on workload.

mike92, Nov 30, 1:07am
I like the 'and anything else that needs water blasting'. Be prepared! When you have that thing going on your hands, you'll find EVERYTHING can and will be waterblasted.

It's like trimming your trees with a loper, you'll always trim more than just that one branch you set out to get.

pleco, Nov 30, 1:48am
Kleantech bring great ones in from Italy 042933111. They have reps throughout the country and do a great deal - we were extremely happy.

rsr72, Nov 30, 1:50am
A big Karcher or a Stihl.

lythande1, Nov 30, 3:53am
Karcher.

jkp58, Nov 30, 5:05am
make sure it has brass water pump last longer

red2, Nov 30, 5:31am
karacher

sr2, Nov 30, 5:47am
Keep clear of karacher, they have a very bad reputation for after sales service!

geoff_m, Nov 30, 5:51am
The Karcher ones these days have plastic pumps. I remain to be convinced they will last. I havean blue electric Nilfisk one, seems to be ok.for home use.

I returned 2 of the Bunnings petrol 6.5hp ones - one DOA motor, 1 pump siezed in 1hr use, and ended up withsecondhand ex-hire centre Kerrick commercial unit for the big jobs.

yorkie13, Nov 30, 7:50am
I bought one from repco about 4yrs ago, $550. never a problem and being a tradey use it often.

comadi, Nov 30, 8:17am
Stihl

mrfxit, Nov 30, 6:36pm
Karcher = mixed bag between super budget throwaway when problems & really good runs.
Got 1 here of those small portables & the way it's been built is REALLY REALLY CHEAP & NASTY.

Busy repairing the gun at the moment with other parts & for example, the hose is a loose push fit in to the back of the handle & is ONLY held in place by a PLASTIC bracket inside the handle.
THAT plastic bracket is the ONLY thing stopping the hose from popping out of the back of the handle, NO metal brackets or screws locking it in place apart from the std handle assembly screws.

The entire pump assembly is 1/4 of the entire yellow Karcher case.
The entire motor AND pump assembly including the start switch, is about the same size as a 2ltire milk bottle.

What you see & what you get in a Karcher, are 2 very different things.

hatchback, Nov 30, 6:42pm
I just hire one from Hirepool when I need one, I get their big kickass towable petrol powered one with its own 200ltr water tank, even thats abit small sometimes, think big when shopping for one

budgel, Nov 30, 8:04pm
I bought one of the petrol ones similar to what is now on sale at Mitre 10 for $299 and am well pleased with it.Keep the sales receipt and Mitre 10 will replace it if anything goes wrong.

alfred011, Dec 2, 8:45am
Get a petrol powered model with a piton type pump,ceramic pistons and brass head you need high pressure and plenty of litres per minute flow to wash the crap away,electric models are usually toys for small jobs.

lifestyle_blocke, May 25, 7:41pm
We bought a petrol run one from Kerrick (Model BIH6.5). It was a bit more expensive than the ones you get at Mitre 10 and Bunnings but it's a tough little bugger, we've put it through the ringer and still it runs like a dream - would definitely recommend their water blasting gear. Salesman really seemed to know what he was talking about too.