Chatham Island for-get- me-not question, please.

samanya, Oct 15, 2:32am
I have several well established CI for-get-me-nots & they are just coming into bloom. I have the blue & the white, but have just noticed today that one (which was blue) has lovely pinkish/lavender flowers. Some of the flowers on the same plant are tending more blue. It's lovely but I got quite a surprise . can you get pinky/lavender coloured ones?

samanya, Oct 15, 2:50am
Don't need to swissy . they've coloured themselves.

samanya, Oct 15, 7:20am
Anyone else can help?

fantail8, Oct 15, 7:42am
something to do with soil acidity? I know you can change hydrangea colour from blue to pink and vice versa by changing acidity and maybe these are similar

samanya, Oct 15, 7:46am
Could be . they are all planted fairly close on the south side of my house, although the 'pinkish' one has a trellis separating if from most of them. It's no biggie, I'm just curious to know if others have had this happen.
Maybe i should save seed & sell them for a fortune on TM ;o)

bluefrog2, Oct 15, 10:53pm
Try planting some from seed, and some from dividing the original pink flowering plant. See if you still get pink flowers from the new plants. Apparently pink is "very rare", and I can't find anything about the flowers changing colours like hydrangeas.

samanya, Aug 31, 10:14am
I might just do that, bluefrog. There are seedlings popping up all around them, from last year . can't be 100% sure that they are for-get-me-nots but they are not weeds, so will nurture them & see.