Plant Labels

miffycat1, Nov 15, 6:14am
What is the best way to label plants on a permanent basis ?
Have tried various means, but all get worn out.
Permanent markers i have had no joy with,
Thanks.

survivalkiwi, Nov 15, 6:21am
I staple them to my shed wall. You could draw a plan of your garden and do it that way.

wine-o-clock, Nov 15, 6:23am
chinagraph pencil or lumocolor permanent pencil

maclad, Nov 15, 6:28am
I do not know where you get them but I have seen thin strips of copper or copper like material used. Comes in a strip about 1" wide and you can etch plant name on it and attach to plant.

oh_hunnihunni, Nov 15, 6:32am
Copper shim. It's thin and soft, scissor cut into strips and punch a hole in the end easily. You can write/engrave on it with a stylus or sharp pointed anything and it never wears off.

raewyn29, Nov 15, 6:34am
i use painted stones labelled with what is the plant

summersunnz, Nov 15, 9:29am
That's a cool idea Raewyn. thanks.

raewyn29, Nov 15, 9:41am
No problems I have a friend who does awesome things with stones and one is the stones painted bright with names of plants painted on

daarhn, Nov 15, 11:11am
Number chart. take photos of your overall garden and plants. Add corresponding number. Match to photo. Like a garden plan used by landscapers when designing gardens. And if you go all flash. Use hyperlinks on an online copy of your garden that pops up all the details and history of that plant. If uploaded to your smart phone allows walking round your garden with all the details at hand.

berry2, Nov 15, 4:48pm
HB pencil on plastic markers. Push marker under soil so only top is showing

meoldchina, Jul 31, 12:08am
I used to use strips from an old Venetian blind cut into 6" lengths and marked with pencil, but these can become brittle and snap. Now I use plastic picnic knives and marker pen.