SHOWER DOME ? ANYGOOD

Page 1 / 2
william12, Aug 30, 5:21am
Thinking of getting one.What are they like do they work

datoofairy, Aug 30, 5:31am
x1
Use the search box on the left, choose the past year. There have been dozens of threads about shower domes. Yes, they work and are good.

wisconsin, Aug 30, 8:02am
They're great = wouldn't be without them now

fordkiwi27, Aug 30, 11:31am
x2 apparently.

paxandtrax, Aug 31, 3:13am
Make your own. Corflute sign board. $9. Have them in 3 rentals and my own new house.

ardeea, Aug 31, 8:24am
#5I agree -Corflute board works just as good.May not look as
flash but easy to replace as needed.

magrador, Aug 31, 9:42am
Do you have to seal the edges or put on a right-angle-type metal strip if you usecorflute! And does not having a dome in the middle make a difference!

marion3, Sep 1, 3:59am
Same size shower tray upside down perfect.This was done in one house we brought. He was way past his time this guy. House built in 67!

bellyatobhs, Sep 1, 4:58am
I have one sitting in my garage where it has been for five weeks waiting to be installed, grrrr mrbelly!

gilligee, Sep 1, 5:10am
x1
Brilliant. Yes, it needs the dome.

datoofairy, Sep 1, 5:23am
My brother put a sheet of clear perspex on top of his shower stall and sealed it with silicone, when we were living in his house.
It was horrible.The steam hit the perspex, cooled down and then it rained cold water on us while we were in the shower.
He later replaced it with a proper dome and it worked perfectly. I think the dome is essential.

tara216, Sep 1, 6:00am
I love mine, mainly because it keeps the whole shower area warm - lovely in winter. However, it makes me feel claustrophobic - like I'm in a vertical coffin!

sparkyz, Sep 1, 7:27am
Steam Stopper. $199 from Bunnings. Brilliant!

paxandtrax, Sep 1, 8:15am
No it doesn't need the dome. Please tell me why.

paxandtrax, Sep 1, 8:19am
Just cut mine back from outside edge of shower and sealed down onto frame. No problem with dripping or anything. If it didn't work or looked ugly why would I put it in a new house. Looks way less ugly than a dome.

alister1, Sep 1, 10:15pm
Sheet of flat acrylic works perfect $50

laura_lou27, Sep 2, 2:04am
theyre great!

doesnt drip, and dont even really notice it up there. i personally dont feel claustraphobic in the shower but occasionally if i have shower too hot i feel a bit exhausted so have to open the door a crack to get fresh air

tillsbury, Sep 2, 7:47am
The point of the dome is that the water doesn't drip from the centre on top of you.If you had a flat sheet that naturally sagged a little it would all drip from the middle.However, if you have it slightly oversized in at least one directly you could probably arrange for it to be concave from the inside and so it should work.

I can't believe they're so expensive (and the mounting strip is really crummy).Or rather, I can't believe that someone hasn't started flogging similar things for a third the price.

jenner4, Sep 2, 9:17am
Bought one on Thursday from Bunnings, now to see if it can install its self

william12, Sep 25, 9:22am
Installed dome on weekend,what adifference.Went for a dome as I am 6ft 4 and still had room to move.

sunflower187, Nov 19, 5:39am
We bought a Bunnings steam stopper, the biggest size. However it was still a bit small for our shower I bought white conduit and screwed it around the back to sit on. Worked well.

mansonprincess, Nov 19, 5:42am
so many threads on this, for the last time IT IS THE BEST!

lythande1, Nov 19, 6:39pm
x1
Of course only works if you have a shower cubicle. For those of us with showers not in a cubicle.

russ18, Nov 19, 6:50pm
Read post 11

sandy14, Nov 19, 9:01pm
x1
Even with steps, how do you reach right across to clean the exterior !