Egg plants - a little advice

watertank1, Feb 18, 1:45am
First time i have growen egg plant, 1 plant has already given me a good fruit, and has now got 6 more growing! so my question is how much water in too much!, I was watering (untill puddled) twice a day - we are in drought conditions - however the leaves at the bottom have started to go yellowy brown, also am i ment to deleave so the sun can get on the fruit! or do i just keep doing what i am doing! any advice appreciated as i have got another plant just about to start fruiting too :-)

mottly, Feb 18, 5:29am
they need a long hot summer, usually 5 months or so.keep it in full sun, and as hot as you can.They're a member of the tomato family, so grow them the same.I water mine twice a day too.the cold temps at night will be causing the leaves to yellow off - mine are pretty much had it now.

watertank1, Feb 18, 7:05am
himmm interesting, maybe i may have to replant it inside in a pot. Thanks for theadvice

robke, Feb 18, 7:39am
Don't move it as it will sulk and then die, my eggplant also is yellowing off, it is just the season but it is still producing,

watertank1, Feb 18, 6:02pm
ohok thanks, i willleave it then - A group of us all tried to grow them this year, and so far mine has been the only one that has really done anything, so i would hate it to die

mottly, Feb 18, 9:03pm
sounds like you've done a fantastic job - that's alot of fruit for an eggplant!Try leaving bricks or rocks out in the sun all day, and put them around the plant during the night - it will help keep heat around it when the temp drops.

watertank1, Mar 13, 4:59pm
whati fab idea mottly! we have a brick house with loads of spare ones laying around i will give that i try :-)