Rough cost of house painting?

kp11, Feb 20, 8:57am
Just wondering cost (ball park figure) to repaint a 90sq/m fibrolite cementhouse & iron roof!Ive literally no idea.
Thanks.

hanmer, Feb 20, 9:07am
between 5-15K.some are even higher!
there is a real honest guy who comes on the radio. he has the resene shop in papkura and would def help you with your Qs

wheelz, Feb 20, 9:23am
You wantingjust paint prices or a $ amount for someone to do it for you!

trade_menow, Feb 20, 1:21pm
most of the price would be the prep work . so if you felt like your up to the task of doing the prep that will help in bringing down the cost

fordkiwi27, Feb 21, 7:44am
personally i wouldnt like to paint over other peoples prep. unless it was fully stripped.

monsieurl, Feb 21, 9:56am
If i'm paying you to do a job you would have to do what i wanted or i would get someone else. plenty of trades people out there

spiritofgonzo, Feb 22, 2:14am
The prep's the hard part.If you're going to go to all that effort and do the prep, you might as well paint it too.

kp11, Feb 22, 3:13am
Im thinking they can do the prep work as well.Too hard when im already working full time & dont have high ladders etc.
Majority of prep work will be stripping back the wooden windows, otherwise everything else is in good repair & was washed down 2 weeks ago (except the roof - i refuse to get up there myself).

gregmran, Feb 22, 3:21am
I'm sure fordkiwi27 wouldn't be interested in working for someone with short-mans disease.Prep work is 90% of the job. If it's not done right the job won't last.

elise24, Feb 24, 9:10pm
When you are a professional you are expected to know your stuff and not rely on a punter for knowledge. If you start on a job then you take ownership of that job. So, you are responsible for the quality at the end of the job. If the job requires more prep then the painter would be stupid to go ahead with out that prep. fordkiwi27 is a smart operator.

To answer the question at the start, get some painters to quote, simple really.

helen_nz2, Feb 27, 10:17pm
why couldn't someone do the prep work and if it then still needs more prepping or another going over, the painter could then do that himself! A lot of the prep work is cleaning and sanding back, stripping, it's labour intensive but a lay man/woman could do at least some if not all.

daz1968, Feb 28, 6:13am
I own my own painting business.I would never bother taking on a job that someone else has prepared,its start to finish or nothing,as my names on the line,plus if they are trying to safe money my doing there own preparation then there's not going to be alot of money in it anyway,as they are clearly tight! so not worth the drama :)

hatchback, Mar 30, 5:56pm
Exactly! my way or the highway