30 seconds or similar product for cleaning house

dibble35, Mar 12, 10:22pm
Another problem with the same rental ( see clothesline thread) It's a 1970's lockwood and the cladding has an ingrained black and/or red mould! in it, especially on the south side. We've tried light waterblasting, and washing down with a brush, now want to try to spray on 30 secs or similar product, have you had any success with these products, TIA

rsr72, Mar 12, 10:25pm
Worth a try but make sure you get the mix diluted exactly right, or more dilution than recommended, so the chlorine content doesn't bleach the paint.- read the instructions carefully.

skin1235, Mar 12, 10:54pm
no chlorine in 30 sec but yes do a small area out of direct view as a test patch with whatever you use

chlorine will do the job, much cheaper too, but dilution has to be right, 5 ltres at 42% for $9 at mega, needs to be mixed at like 1 to 30 ( real soft ) or it will bleach, and kill everything including your clothes, spray it on and leave it for a week, spray again then ignore it, it will take about 6 weeks to actually show effects

rsr72, Mar 12, 10:57pm
#3- 30 Sec has sodium hypochlorite bleach in it, and warns of bleaching on gloss paints, fabrics,.if mix not correct.

supra_luva, Mar 12, 11:50pm
I think there is a 30sec bleach formulation and a 30sec spray and walk away type non bleach formulation

dibble35, Mar 13, 12:23am
Thanks guys, will have a look in bunnings when i'm there on friday, hoping theres one i can just attach a hose to the container, as I dont fancy climbing A ladder with a back pack sprayer on.

hanmer, Mar 13, 7:27am
i think you are better to enquire from the lockwood ppl in rotorua.not a newbie. more an older person because he would have a better knowledge of it.

cantabman1, Mar 13, 8:06pm
Once the mould has appeared, its very hard to remove unless you try some strong bleach from a cleaning supply shop[usually 5%] as opposed to 3% from supermarkets. I sell a moss n mould product @ cantabchemicals.co.nz but it wont help you in this instance; only a lot of scrubbing. Good Luck!

dibble35, Mar 13, 8:30pm
Bugger. Ok thanks for that, I was hoping to clean it and then paint it sometime soon, sounds like to much hard work. Wonder if i can get away with not doing it for another year, lazy huh, Thanks

shadow57, Mar 14, 6:53pm
use OUTDOOR CLEANER. give it a good spray, leave it a while, then waterblast it again. even if stains are ingrained the mould SHOULD be dead and you can paint over it.I did this to back of my house, it had green goo and mould. it never came back.

dibble35, Apr 17, 11:52am
Thanks Shadow, when you say leave it awhile, are we talking few hours few weeks. I'm hoping a few weeks as i want to be able to spray it, leave it for a month till this weather is better to paint in, to hot at moment, then do all the prep work which is considerable for a Lockwood, then paint. Hoping to do the roof soon as that badly needs doing, and would benice to get the house painted this Autumn, will look the flashest house on the street - from the outside at least,needs new curtains and new carpets, new lino,etc etc, but new tenants first, some that actually give a toss about how clean the house is, anyway, thanks for your advice, off up there this morning and will go see the folks at the paint shop for there advice as well.