If u were building a new house would

ahck, Jan 28, 9:24pm
u put in underfloor heating heated by diesel burner !

mushroom990, Jan 28, 10:16pm
No, but I would insulate the floor well.

kp11, Jan 28, 10:31pm
^^ That^^

samanya, Jan 29, 4:14am
Anyone I know with underfloor heating, doesn't use it, because of the power bill.

elect70, Jan 29, 4:38am
there was 1 in new house i wired.diesel/thermolboiler& H!Wthtrough pipes in concrete floorlater heturned it off hellishly expensive &couldntcontrol it , too long to react totempchanges outside .Put in a ducted heat pump systemeventually( told him soatbuilding stage)

golfaholic2, Jan 29, 4:49am
Change is in the wind for CHCH, CERA has been asked to tweak the air plan to allow a new type of burner that is super clean .
One benefit of these new burners is a massive amount of hot water produced .only 30%ish of the heat from the burner goes into the room with the burner "I love that idea" .
Underfloor heating can run off these burners .food for thought .

kuaka, Jan 29, 9:03am
O/p was asking about diesel burner underfloor heating, not electric.I know someone who bought a house a couple of years back which had electric underfloor heating and the first winter their first power bill was over $800.

pandaeye, Jan 29, 9:58am
unless I can hook it to my wetback. no.

ahck, Jan 29, 12:30pm
how would u heat anew house !

sooby, Jan 29, 6:32pm
Depends on your situation and budget really.For rural where usually there is a ready supply of firewood, a wood burner fire & wetback is common.

For new builds, one of the better systems is a ducted heat pump.

Of course the best heating is useless without insulation, the more insulation you have the less heating you need!

Its a no-brainer to me to up the insulation as much as possible, looking back ten years ago the minimum wall batts rating needed was a rating of R1.8, over time that has changed to R2.0, then R2.2, up to R2.4, and now it's at R2.8.

Every dollar you spend on insulation will save you many dollars on heating.

Just my 2c from being in the industry

lythande1, Jan 29, 6:56pm
No way.
Underfloor heating no, and certainly not diesel.

amazing_grace, Jan 29, 7:11pm
We have just finished building and installed a Rayburn.which is a wood/coal fired cooker installed in the kitchen, with a wetback and a central heating radiator system.So each room in the house has a radiator!very nice, and modern, and I love it!The Rayburn has a stovetop, an oven, a warming drawer, heats the hotwater, and heats the central heating system!

-paradisefound-, Mar 17, 9:20am
If we were building again now we would go geothermal.

ralphdog1, Mar 17, 9:22am
Underfloor heating yes