Cats and gardens

Page 2 / 2
spuddie5, Mar 2, 7:08am
Definitely coffee grounds are the best. We have four cats and I've set up an area for them to poo in, and all the other garden areas are coffee-grounded - no problems at all.

eagles9999, Mar 2, 7:21am
There's ALWAYS somebody who says use White Vinegar.

jittitoria, Mar 2, 9:07am
I sprayed white vinegar at my neighbours cat with my son's water pistol and it never came back to dig up my garden again. If I had my way, nz would be cat free! Just imagine, no cat poo in our gardens and birds everywhere!

tigra, Mar 2, 10:34am
Where I live we have 8 cats in the neighbourhood and 20+ tuis,and 7 or 8 Kereru. The problem is not the cats its the people who cut down trees.

dee238, Mar 2, 6:03pm
Why should people have to buy products to keep other people's cats off their sections.Unless the cats are wild (and they can then be trapped), "responsible" owners should be supplying dirt boxes and not making the cat poo problem, someone else's problem.I had a dog for 13 years and no cat poo, or cats for that matter.Since she has passed away I have cat poo on my lawn all the time.It stinks.The cat/s obviously never learned to dig in dirt.I also now find dead birds, or even just feathers, in my back yard that I never had before.The cat/s belong to my neighbours so I've taken to using a long handled scoop and throwing back over the fence.Sometimes it hits their porch or back stairs, but if they can't supply dirt boxes, I don't care.You can bet if my dog had pooped on their section Council would have been round like a shot.

jittitoria, Mar 2, 6:38pm
Dee238 I hear you! Tigra. Cats are a pest, face it. They savage our native birds and far too many cat owners let them roam at will and create the havoc they do.

toffeey, Mar 2, 7:22pm
Gotta say, I had two cats and a large dog once. I had no cat poo cos the dog used to eat it. Eww. The DOG was the one that caught the birds. I saw it happening. Now I no longer have the dog, the birds are back. I still have a cat but the birds aren't bothered. I supply two dirt trays but the remaining cat prefers to dig in my garden. I have installed plastic mesh/ fencing onto the dirt. The holes are big enough that I can still plant etc but the cat doesn't dig there anymore because he can't avoid the mesh. Works briliiantly. I've put a big pile of dirt and leaves under a big tree at the back of the section and he now sticks to that, which is great.

mottly, Mar 31, 11:17pm
duh.because it works.there's always some moron that comes up with disgusting, cruel and inhumane ways too :(