Roofing materials?

hibondi, Jan 14, 4:50pm
Quotes to re:ROOF FLAT ROOF less tha 3 degrees.
Whether to use galvanised with zincalume or coloursteel or what is the difference!

hmck, Jan 14, 7:10pm
A lot - phone a roofing place :-)

malone4, Jan 16, 9:10pm
zincalume is the cheapest way to go at roughly $12 per meter plus the flashing at about $10 pm. and a 5kg of roofing nails is less than $20.
Its thinner but has a long life span. doesnt taint the water supply if you are planning to collect it. And there isnt any need to paint either.

But if you live near the sea I would go colour steel at $18 per meter plus flashing.

A tradesman can charge between 40-60$ per hour. And with having a flat roof its pretty straight forward and can be blown out in a day.

hutchk, Jan 16, 9:40pm
My God! Somebody still uses nails!

malone4, Jan 16, 9:50pm
ha, yes some need the cheapest possible way to do a roof.

knowsley, Jan 17, 7:09am
Less than 3 degrees! Is there anyone that will do that with steel! I don't think the manufacturers will give it any warranty under 3.

mrgts4, Jan 17, 8:21am
That was suggested on the other post. 3 deg is minimum pitch for iron. Best bet is to get a couple of companies to have a look and recommend the best way to do it.

firefly001, Jan 17, 9:39am
Does colour steel taint the water

kandjaja, Jan 19, 6:31am
No.3 degrees is the minimum for SOME iron - namely trapezzoidal with ribs higher than 20mm.
Standard corrugated iron - 8 degrees minimum

mrgts4, Jan 20, 8:03am
Have a look at the manufactures specs, the metal roofing manufactures guidlines and the nz building code. They all say no metal roofing under 3deg. In the old days it was widely done, but we have been reroofing alot of them which have been patched over patches, or trying to patch them over patches when the owners dont have the money to replace.

kingsteve1, Jan 31, 2:52am
Yeah this is right under 3 degrees your looking at Butyl or Rubber type roofing or maybe a torch on type roof for a warranty, there are other alternatives too like heat welded pvc or Sarnafill (not sure on the spelling) Even the high rib Traydek roofing isnt warrantied under 3 degrees anymore