Carpet Cleaning under beds?

beachboy61, Apr 26, 9:56am
I recently called two carpet cleaners with hot water truck machines and both said that they don't clean under beds. Both had very good reviews.
I thought this was unusual as I was happy to move the beds.
Is it normal for carpet cleaners not to clean under beds?
Also any recommendations for carpet cleaners in South East Auckland?

harrislucinda, Apr 26, 10:33am
dirty buggers then get someone that does if you are going to clean the whole room all furniture should be moved it is like paying for half a job

kitty179, Apr 26, 10:45am
I am a pretty fussy person when it comes to my house being clean, but some things I don't see as necessary. I hire the Rug Doctor and do my own carpets, and never do under the beds. My rationale for that is the carpet under there does not get any foot traffic or anything spilled on it. It's just a bit of dust which can be vacuumed (and I do move the beds for that purpose when 'springcleaning'). Most certainly in the past when I have hired someone to do the carpet cleaning they have never indicated they clean under beds as a matter of course. This would be built into their pricing. However, if you do want them to do that and are willing to move the beds, I don't see why they wouldn't do it. A small extra charge may be incurred, but it surely shouldn't be much because the quote is usually given on a 'number of rooms' basis anyway.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 26, 12:13pm
Skin cells, dirt, dead bed bugs, dust bunnies with their red eyes and slavering mouths.

Of course we clean under the bed.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 26, 1:03pm
Better solution - don't have carpet.

toyboy3, Apr 27, 9:52am
Only poor people have bare boards,

martin11, Apr 27, 11:30am
Lots in the huts on Stewart Island and also some in the upper north Island . Prity common in NZ

lynja, Apr 28, 6:44am
The latest consumer magazine has a review on carpet cleaning machines.

kitty179, Apr 28, 10:15am
I find the Rug Doctor very good indeed, and cheap to hire even when factoring in the shampoo. However, the major drawback for me is that I have to get it back to the store within a certain time. That puts pressure on me for getting the job done. Four hours wouldn't be enough for me so I usually book it out for eight hours, which is actually too much but it means I don't have to rush and can take breaks. I'm not a spring chicken, and have fibromyalgia, so do find it physically challenging to keep emptying and refilling it, with all the lifting of the 'buckets'. That's why I'm thinking about buying a small cleaner. That way I can just do the job a room at a time or whatever, rather than have to make it into a marathon. I wouldn't spend a fortune; I've been reading reviews and it seems there are some very reasonably priced ones available that do an excellent job. I already have the 'Bissell Little Green' for minor messes such as cat puke, food spillages, and also use it for upholstery and my car, and find it absolutely brilliant.

oh_hunnihunni, Apr 28, 10:35am
You can keep your carpets - most of them are actually pretty filthy on close inspection. I love my polished floors and the handwoven rugs that go on top. And if having those makes me poor, it isn't something I regret, lol.

megan109, Apr 30, 12:00am
Have a look on Grab one website as you might get a carpet cleaner and ask them if they clean under the bed. You can usually get a good bargain on Grab One

megan109, Jul 29, 2:55am
we have matai flooring which is worth over $5000