Cucumber plants leaves going limp

eljayv, Dec 27, 10:48pm
In the heat of the day.I noticed yesterday mid afternoon that a plant that seems to be thriving had all its leaves go limp. However this morning they are up and looking right again, in the past if this has happened it reoccurs on hot days and eventually they die.Anyone know what I should do! I have today given them a little shade with some green windbreak netting.I don't think they need water we have had so much rain.

laurie9, Dec 27, 10:54pm
It is because the sun and heat does that to all plants,don't water it when it is in this state.Don't worry it's perfectly normal.

oh_hunnihunni, Dec 27, 11:19pm
You may find your soil is not holding water, being either too free draining or hydrophobic - which means the water just runs off instead of soaking in. Mine are in pots in full sun and exposed to wind. The only time they go limp is because they are dry. I would suggest you poke some nice deep holes into the soil near the plant and insert a big plastic bottle upside down into the hole, bottom cut out, to serve as a watering funnel. Fill it with water (with or without fertiliser) in the cool of the morning and evening, it'll drain into the soil the roots have penetrated, and you should have no more wilting.

lythande1, Dec 31, 4:53pm
Nothing unusual, my tomatoes and caulis etc do it too, they perk back up when it cools.
It's the heat.