F&P Paprika stove - timer making noise?

zaowl, Dec 26, 1:36pm
Weird question, our F&P Paprika free standing electric stove which is perfectly functional seems to be making a noise from the timer. It's like a horrifically loud ticking clock. Have googled the issue and found a couple of people reporting the same but either they had no answer or they were told to check the pump or change the load (clearly for some odd reason thinking it was a washing machine), LOL. Anyone come across this before!

pamow69, Dec 26, 9:39pm
I have come across it many times doing repairs of ovens. Only seems to happen on F&P clocks. Must be a cheap & nasty clock they are using. Doesn't seem to affect the time just noisy. Wait until it fails completely then replace it or get someone to bypass it so you can still use the oven.

woodhouse_elect, Dec 27, 2:57am
bypass it unless you need it - constant issue in rentals - have lubricated them and found they just have nasty clocks

elect70, Dec 27, 4:20am
^^^ +1will stop altogether eventually.

zaowl, Dec 27, 9:37pm
Awww yay, we shall sit and wait for it to fail then, can't justify replacing the whole fully functional appliance for a noisy clock! Currently we turn it off at the wall to shut it up. :-) thanks for the replies :-).

puresteam, Jan 1, 4:11pm
it won't take long for your range will fall apart. Mine is 6yrs old and 2 of the crome rings have blown off and I have spent about $600.00 on all the elements and different things. the worst range I have ever had