Noise Control

lazkaz, Apr 2, 10:23pm
Does any one have any clever ideas for blocking noise out. Neighbours beside us and across the road have loud music playing a lot of the time. Have approached, and rung noise control, but on and on it goes. I cannot afford double glazing, so have gone to the web to see ideas but nothing that is really going to work for me. Bass should be banned. Okay so I have always been a party pooper and never had an appreciation for loud music. Its the after party noise as well of course.

autumnwinds, Apr 2, 11:16pm
I feel your pain (I live right next door tpo the worst child care centre in town).

Your best bet is to get a group of affected neighbours together, and keep at your local council noise control, all of you ringing in every hour it continues. There are laws, and the confiscation of the noise-producing equipment is one of the means available under the law.

In a similar vein, this appeared tonight.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12024706
where neighbours are fighting back.

loose.unit8, Apr 3, 5:16am
Ear plugs.

Play some white noise in your bedroom.

lazkaz, Apr 3, 10:24am
Thank you for your ideas. I constantly ring NC. Neighbours do ring. It took me 18 months of hard work to get tenants out of one of the houses and that was only due to the EQ. They believed I was invading their air space. OMG it was terrible. Even seventeen people living in a one bedroom flat could not get them out. They were disgusting. I wonder why we bother having noise control to be honest. Our rates pay the cost of this department. I live on my own and the big blokes with their dogs are not pleasant human beings. Drink of course is the problem, can be a demon and its legal.

trade4us2, Apr 3, 12:03pm
Since I don't need to look out of my bedroom window I have covered it with triple wall plastic roofing which was thrown out in the rubbish. It quietens down most noise.

boby11, Apr 3, 2:17pm
Here we ring noise control every 30 minutes,they are quite effective and whem it starts on another day we just ring again.Eventually the noise stops permantly.It used to go on till 2am but its gone now and so have the tenants

delshamic, Apr 3, 6:11pm
you cant stop low frequency bass. boom boom goes right through everything

cleggyboy, Apr 3, 6:19pm
Yep the low bass crap is the killer. If they are renting give the landlord or the property manager a hard time, PLUS noise control. They have to act to any complaints and if they don't, threaten to go to the Minister of Internal Affairs. That usually gets some action.

I had a problem with a HNZ tenant next door with this horrible noise from his stereo, I was getting nowhere until I mentioned The Minister of Housing. That got action and the problem has gone.

amasser, Apr 4, 3:26pm
Needs more than one complaint - either you ring several times or several neighbours ring. As Council staff take your details, do they respond with the outcome afterwards? Don't quit and advise the property owner if it is tenant/s causing the problem.

sunnysue1, Apr 4, 6:45pm
Ring on both your landline and your mobile. the more calls the better

yabba2, Apr 7, 8:53am
Make a recording of the noise on your cell phone.Get yourself some Bluetooth speakers ,set up in the foyer of your local council building and let her rip.
When they try to throw you out,demand to know why you and your family/neighbours have to put up with the noise,but council workers don't.

boby11, Apr 7, 11:45am
A friend set up bass speakers pointng at the neighbours bedroom and played back the recorded noise with all bass and little treble while they were sleeping of the night before. They complained but were told thats what they like.They turned the noise down after that

lisa.reg, Apr 7, 2:26pm
Do the same back to them when they are sleeping

stbossman, Apr 7, 3:06pm
you must live in another part of Auckland to me our noise control officers are deaf.we have had horrendous noise issues in our small street,1 party
went till 6am finally when control came they said it wasnt excessive although we could clearly hear it inside and outside our house 5 houses
away.They came 4 times in 1 night till finally at 6am said it was excessive
he wondered why the others hadnt.
Are you aware of the new rule in Akld, if you ring between 8am and 8pm
it is deemed as daytime noise and you have to ring back in 30 mins after
your first call
Sometimes it takes 15mins to get an answer, yu get the 3rd degree then you have to ring back in 30mins before an officer is despathed 15 min wait
on call centre again then up to an hour for them to get here then they are deaf, we have seen some that dont even get out of the car some dont even stop,then find the noise not excessive, for them it might not be but for those
trying to sleep it is.
they are totally useless except for rasiing rates.
the RMA defines excessive as dirturbing the peace , quiet and enjoyment
of others, the council obvoiuly havent read this.
NYE they had an amnesty for noisy parties till 2am then the callcentre was
clogged took 40 mins to get an answer then 2 hours for someone to come
as they were buzy I wonder why
all the parties come from rented houses and the property managers dont care at all untill you start ringing them eac time the noise is on at 3am
they soon get the message as do the owners
the noise issues of stereos and parties are really issues of disrespect for
others and a so what attitude all to prevelant in todays society

stbossman, Apr 7, 3:06pm
we did that opera works best

stbossman, Apr 7, 3:09pm
you should have to do that because the inconsiderate actions of others
and their mememe attiitude

trade4us2, Apr 7, 3:17pm
There used to be a burglar alarm nearby that sounded for 5 minutes every few minutes, between 11pm and 6 am every night. It's going right now!
Noise control and the police and the alarm company and the building owner couldn't stop it. I give up - most people are stupid and incompetent.
There are other noises that can't be stopped and used to keep us awake for years.
Trust me, put in double glazing or board up your windows on the noisy side. Then the neighbours can try to deal with the noise instead. I don't care any more.

tegretol, Nov 28, 6:44pm
Is the power supply into their housoverhead or underground?