Covering unsightly pressed cobble stone concrete

atlantis3, Jan 30, 12:22pm
I have seen concrete patios plastered over to give a nice smooth finish.
Has any one tried this on pressed cobble stones? (plaster being sand and cement).
or is there a product that you can buy that is semi flexible to cover the pressed cobble stones?

lakeview3, Jan 30, 6:16pm
We had an exposed aggregate patio. Was awful for the feet and very dusty. We have put a Kwila deck over it. Looks great and is now flush with the bottom of the ranch slider too.

gpg58, Jan 30, 11:39pm
Basic sand cement mortar would not last long at all.
I would think you would need something a lot stronger than that, how thick is the maximum you can put on top?
I know there are surface hardeners you can put on concrete, but tend to think they would be unlikely to make mortar strong enough.
Maybe a layer of polyurethane on top of mortar leveling coat?
Or maybe not a good idea either -
https://www.floormasters.co.nz/polyurethane-concrete-floor-coating-dont-do-it/

koru67, Jan 31, 8:08am
I used pavelock for between pressed cobblestones, did improve the look greatly and made them maintenance free for weeds. Took some work cleaning out the imprints first to remove soil, weeds etc. But that does not take away the look altogether and might depend on the colour of your cobblestones too as to how much they blend in.

oh_hunnihunni, Aug 21, 5:59pm
I had an uneven concrete floor that the installer put leveling compound over before relaying new vinyl, could that go under outdoor tiles? Or would it remain so flexible as to make for cracking?