Cost to concrete an area.

fpress, Apr 14, 3:47am
Could someone please give me an idea of the cost to box up, lay reinforcing steel and concrete a strip down the side of my house please? Approx 18 metres long by 1.5 metres wide.

Many thanks
Just need an idea so that when i get a couple of quotes in I know whether they are pulling a fast one or not. (Have been done before, and don't want a repeat)

johotech, Apr 14, 3:56am
Depends on how much preparation needs to be done, if any material needs to be removed, what the access is like, what it is to be used for (path or driveway), if any drainage is required.

Could be anywhere from $2k to $5k or more

fpress, Apr 14, 4:38am
ok. thanks.Access is ok. nothing major to be removed- just skim off top layer of gravel and sand. I want to put a little garden shed down the side of the house for storage- one with a floor.

budgel, Apr 14, 5:47am
Unless your garden shed is going to be 18 metres long, make a separate pad for it so that the cladding can come down past the top edge of the concrete for decent weatherproofing. Unless what you are talking about is just the path to the shed.

fordcrzy, Apr 14, 9:45pm
Work on about $$75 per sq meter. so your quotes should be in the $1700-2300 range depending on site factors

aloha3, Apr 15, 8:41am
So cost wise, how does concrete compare with large (600x600) tiles?
Our new house is on piles so I think the ground will still settled so I am thinking large tiles for paths and patio might be a better option.

fordcrzy, Apr 15, 11:33pm
Concrete will ne cheaper

lythande1, Apr 16, 1:28am
208sqm I had done was $15000 for concrete.
had it done in asphalt for $7300.

mm12345, Feb 3, 2:57pm
I reckon $75/m2 is a bit light. $100/m2 incl mesh would be closer to the mark for a smaller job.
Paver cost depends on the price of the pavers (yup - that sounds too obvious), but they could be $20/m2 or $60/m2, plus labour.
Worth checking how you'll go with good thick 600x600 pavers. They are heavy, and you are reaching/leaning forward to set them in place, 500x500 much easier to handle, but may not be the look you want.