Help needed matching paint to new joinery

casswill, Jan 18, 7:43pm
The colour joinery I intend to use is called warm white pearl matt and I’m having such trouble finding a suitable white to match this close as possible for the exterior window sills. Any suggestions as the colour swatches are baffling me. Thanks in advance.

nzmax, Jan 18, 9:13pm
If you have a small piece of the joinery colour you could use as a sample, take it to a paint shop with a spectrometer which will give them a formula to mix up some paint. May not be an exact match, but in most cases will be close.

pauldw, Jan 18, 11:07pm
On the Resene site

Q. Can you please tell me the best white colour match for Vantage Warm White Pearl Matt window joinery?

A. Because this colour has a slight pearlescent shimmer in it alters a lot in different qualities of natural light. This makes it a little difficult to exactly match to but you will be pleased to know that a formula match has been made that is listed under IPT Powder Coat - Warm White Pearl - at all Resene ColorShops. There are no testpots available for you to trial however. Possibly the smallest size available is a 1 litre or 2 litre tin. Alternatively if you wanted a slightly lighter colour or a slightly deeper colour that 'likes' Warm White Pearl you might check out these colours to see if they suit you - Resene Half Rice Cake, Resene Quarter Thorndon Cream or Resene Merino.

supernova2, Jan 18, 11:53pm
We had a similar problem years ago trying to match up some NuLook joinery. After much asking it was established that the ali joinery is powdercoated and (in our case) there was a paint formula to match. Ours was a dulux formula which Bunnings could whip up in a flash once they found it hidden in the depths of their systems.
However as the other poster has found it might be a bit different if you have joinery with pearls etc. Not much normal house paint has those sorts of effects.

Did you ask the makers of the joinery if they could get you the brand/formula? Surely if they want to sell you the joinery it would make sense for them to be able to point you in the right direction for the paint to go with it.
I think we were told that its only Resene and Dulux who make the powder stuff for the powdercoating anyway so they should have paints to match. But I suppose these days it probably all imported precoated from some far off land so locally there might not be anything anymore.
Might pay to ask at Trade paint suppliers rather than the likes of Bunnings Mitre 10 etc

gunhand, Jan 19, 7:33pm
Joinery? what do you mean exactly, as in what is it being done? Is this sprayed joinery? And are the outside sills away from the joinery, not a butt match? and how are you applying the pearl matt?

budgel, Jan 19, 8:18pm
I have seen exterior window sills deliberately painted about three shades darker than the frames and they look really good. I think that may look better than a near miss.

gunhand, Jan 19, 8:37pm
Reading your post I take it OP is referring to aluminum window frames. Joinery can be many things lol. I kinda wondered what was going on. I'm still curious as to how they will apply a pearl paint to window sills, and if it even exists in house paint, I really don't know but these days it could be possible. But I do agree with what you say.

casswill, Jan 19, 10:47pm
Hope this helps clarify. The ‘window’ joinery colour I want to use is called ‘warm white pearl matt’ on the sample. I want to have those wider exterior window frames made to frame the windows to give it a look like an old style home, so Im looking for some recommendations on colour paint someone might have used themselves that is as best possible match (I understand it’s not possible to be exactly the same) to this alliminum joinery colour I wish to use.

supernova2, Jan 21, 2:23am
If it's a true pearl paint then AFAIK it will have to be sprayed. Just because paint is available also does not mean that it's the right product for timber either.

supernova2, Jan 21, 2:24am
Just another thing. Is a matt finish really what you want on exterior joinery? Every bit of dust and dirt will stick to it like the proverbial to a blanket.

casswill, Jan 9, 12:57pm
I dont know. There are only about three options of white or off white in the joinery colours on offer at both companies I’ve gone to. I have matt canvas cloth on my refit windows four years ago and although they are lovely finish I just Dont want this colour next as it’s too gray looking inside for my liking nor matches the exterior house colour we will use next.