Arm down the drain!

trogedon, Dec 23, 10:18pm
A month or so ago my wife was digging in the potatoes and noticed that the washing machine water was flowing out into the area she was digging in. She made a diversion. I thought "That's not right" and did nothing about it. The area around the path had grey/blue water from the washing machine too. Joy. Yesterday something made me notice the water in the drain was up to the top. I took the grate off and plunged my hand in. I fished out a long piece of wood. Deeper = more wood, covered in gunge including my wife's hair. Yum! The water slowly went down. I ran the hose water into it and it soaked away slowly too. I then lay down on the path and reached in the drain. Having long arms helped - out came more bits of wood, a toy, a plastic cup - all cover in bluey grey gunge (and my wife's hair). The miniature soccer ball remained at the bottom (possibly to come back to haunt us later). When our oldest son (8 3/4 now) was about 3 he liked to take my wood off cuts and put them in the drain. We thought we had convinced him not to do it and got all of them out. Obviously not so! It may have been a messy job but darn satisfyingto do rather than calling a plumber at this time of year.

les6, Dec 24, 12:32am
should of put your head in and been done with it!merry xmas.

trogedon, Dec 24, 12:45am
No, not a stupid as you, little Mr Grudge Bearer.

agens, Dec 24, 12:46am
Well done home hubby.There is nothing more satisfying than solving some problem yourself.I just fixed the door.Oarsome! or is that Doorsome.

lythande1, Dec 24, 2:37am
Should HAVE, It's should've, a contraction of should have.

les6, Dec 24, 3:04am
well you got a merry xmas!what more do you want!

trogedon, Dec 24, 3:31am
So true but its not only his grammar that's failing. You seem like a good man to contact when the drain blocks up for keeps until then it was a nice feeling to get things flowing by my own hand.

elect70, Dec 24, 4:11am
You want to see whatclogs up the sewerpumps& has to becut off ,womens knickers &pantyhoseworstoffendersthe elastic gets wound ontight . Lovely job

trogedon, Dec 24, 5:12am
Yum, what's for dinner.!!

dbab, Dec 24, 5:34am
Oh, Bah Humbug, all you people who put others down.
Well done Mr trogedon.

taipan4, Dec 24, 6:22am
not to mention "sanitary" items with strings that wrap themselves around pump shafts & aerator shafts & cut seals out letting very corrosive liquid into bearings,,.ohh messy

corogirl, Dec 24, 8:33am
Wouldn't you think the men who invent those gadgets could make them immune to a simple sanitary item!

trogedon, Dec 24, 9:17am
A man is responsible for the underwire bra.and most of the rest of us men have been trying to get them off (not worn by ourselves) ever since.

bjane, Dec 24, 6:30pm
Eeeeuw completely grossed out.my grey water is coming out the top of the sewage tank and I dont even Want to think what the problem is.pretty stinky every time i do a wash or shower though.

trogedon, Dec 24, 10:09pm
We have completely seperate systems.thankfully. It sounds like yours needs a problem corrected if it smells like that.

taipan4, Dec 24, 10:21pm
hhmmmmm bodily functions must go on, aahhhhhhhh lol

crackerjack19, Dec 24, 10:39pm
Obviously I made a mistake coming into this little lot. Never the less I hope that you all have a safe and happy Christmas. Perhaps the New Year will restore some good will in some quarters.

pinkpig3, Dec 27, 5:07am
We've had blocked drains at our place a couple of times in the last year or so. Made worse because the property behind us is a cross-lease and their waste pipe joins on to ours then heads out to road. But each time it blocks we get the neighbours used toilet paper in our garden! Right next to our house! Yuck.

trogedon, Dec 27, 7:03am
Yek!

solarboy, Jan 1, 6:16pm
Well, OK then . I'm glad I read your first post . You ARE talking about the house drainage system!