Any ideas on how much to have a lost car key sorte

maclad, Mar 3, 5:42pm
My daughters house and car keys have been stolen. We know who did it but Police cannot help. How do we go about getting a new key cut and how much. Alternatively I could remove and replace the key mechanisim if not too hard to do. Suggestions appreciated.

colin433, Mar 3, 7:02pm
wouldn't you need to have the car key mechanism replaced, otherwise 'they' could come and take it away at any time.
House keys need changing too in my opinion

androth2, Mar 3, 7:17pm
Get a mobile locksmith around ,they will change the house and car keys in the spot ,unless its an unusual car or door lock . Insurance should pay

maclad, Mar 3, 8:17pm
House locks sorted, just the car is not, but this idiot won't be stupid enough to take it. He just likes to cause as much hassle as he can but he is a coward. My daughters security is priority and that is done but no insurance on car but I would like to fix so any suggestions for DIY appreciated thanks.

androth2, Mar 4, 12:18pm
You could take the lock out of the car,take it to a locksmith and get a new key combination or go to a wrecker and try to buy another lock with a key, this way you will find out how hard it is to remove the lock

maclad, Mar 4, 1:06pm
Yes that is the way I was inclined to think.

maclad, Mar 5, 4:12pm
The thieving, cowardly, low life, scum has returned the keys, tossed on the lawn in the dark, dark hours, she can go about life again. Thanks for advice/replies.

quane1, Mar 5, 5:06pm
Didnt work for me. My door drum was different to the car ignition. Getting a new key copied from the door drum opened the door but would not start the car. (I later found my keys. PHEW).

colin433, Dec 14, 4:03pm
whew, and thank heavens for that. An ex, I expect, just showing he can still be the obnoxious sod that he is.