Need to ID a grass weed

maclad, Jan 17, 8:26pm
Long shot here but there is a grass weed I have and want to ID. Not sure how to describe seed head accurately, but it is very much like summer grass but the plant is huge, almost a metre across, flat, it has softish leaf and looks like summer grass. But it seems that the stems root at the nodes where they contact soil and I'm not sure summer grass does this. Trying to help a young guy with his study notes. Thanks.

piquant, Jan 18, 12:11pm
Not paspalum?

sophia4, Jan 18, 3:18pm
Take a photo for us.

maclad, Jan 18, 4:45pm
Piquant how could you say that? No definitely not paspalum, it pulled out easily and has lots of fine roots. The seed head, for want of a better way to describe it consists of about 10 strands and when hanging looks like water leaving a water can. They are green. Know most of my weeds but not so good with grasses and this was one impressive speciman.

maclad, Jan 18, 4:45pm
Can't sorry weed is now gone. If I find another, and I will, then I will post pic.

piquant, Jan 18, 5:36pm
Well, what elicited that response? I don't know that many flat grasses that are likely to be a candidate from the initial description you gave. You of all people should know how difficult it can be with no photo to go on and only a vague description.

maclad, Jan 11, 10:42am
Sorry I was joking with you.Not a flat grass me thinks, rather one which got so big that it fell over. Never mind, google is my friend and my curiosity is piqued now. Determined to ID it. Thanks.