Roses and roundup don't mix

bjsim, Oct 26, 8:13am
Feeling pretty low at the moment, entered my garden in the garden competition this year, but have had to cancel as I have sprayed my roses yesterday with round up.

piquant, Oct 26, 9:29am
I bet you are! So sorry to hear that. Did you have made up Roundup sitting in a sprayer (not a good idea) or did you get the names mixed up for what you were supposed to be using?
That is going to be a very costly mistake, I'm afraid.
You'll have to adopt the same philosophy as carpenters - measure twice, cut once - except it'll be read instructions twice - spray with the right mix. You'll not make that mistake for a second time.

maclad, Oct 26, 9:32am
Sorry t hear that, your pleasure in yur garden will have diminished somewhat for a while.

lythande1, Oct 26, 12:18pm
Don't panic, neighbour did that to one of mine, it looked sick for a season but came right.

vickyh1, Oct 26, 5:31pm
Oh no! You'll be gutted. My Dad did that once, they took quite a hit but eventually recovered. You're definitely not the first nor the last to do so.

The first time I used Weed n Feed on the lawn I thought "may as well give the pot plants some fertiliser too". of course it contains broadleaf-specific herbicide. Oops. They haven't been the same since.

samanya, Oct 26, 5:36pm
I feel for you it happens to some of us!
My first garden, on the bones of my bum financially, saved hard to buy some standard roses & I was so excited to get them & then once they were established I got the sprayers mixed up.
Tragedy!

colin433, Feb 26, 10:56am
sorry to read this. When it happens it's a disaster, but take heart, you'll have learnt from your mistake and yuou'll never get caught like that again.