Roses

bex2211, Nov 27, 5:15am
Anyone noticed their roses are really putting on a good bloom this month?

samanya, Nov 27, 5:39am
Mine are great at the moment, in spite of a tough time last summer, due to a drought.

paix1, Nov 27, 6:58am
yep fantastic so far! I lurveeee roses!

groovie1, Nov 27, 8:24am
The only standard rose I have left because I thought it was a dead trunk is blooming and the miniatures appear to be lagging behind again.

breness, Nov 28, 8:54am
My roses are magnificent so far this year. Even Aotearoa NZ is flowering like a Floribunda rather than the Hybrid Tea it is. Just gorgeous and the David Austin's have gone berserk. Even Abraham Darby doesn't have any Blackspot this year and it is certainly not due to lots of care and attention. My roses have to fend for themselves I'm afraid. They get pruned in late September and that's it for all the care I give them. Must reward them better next year for the show they have put on up to now. For anyone here that knows Raubritter, well it is just a mass of flower as usual. But damn the weather because as I type it is bucketing down outside and that is going to do for all the beautiful blooms. Raubritter hates the rain and goes to mush. It's only a once flowerer so I must remember to cut it back early this season.

harrislucinda, Nov 28, 9:59am
I have only 2 and yes agree they are blooming

curlybear446, Nov 28, 10:06pm
The first bloom is always the ultimate best. Then comes the blackspot etc.

breness, Nov 29, 2:05am
Well with the absolute S#%*t weather here my Aotearoa NZ's flowers are now in a vase on my bench. Darn wind broke every branch off it. I am so peed off but my kitchen smells divine.

breness, Nov 29, 2:21am
I'm so sorry you can't get the benefit of the beautiful perfume.

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/428889700.jpg

taurus2005, Nov 29, 2:28am
Mine are doing beautifully, wish they bloomed all year around.

tutifruiti, Nov 29, 4:08am
Mine are beautiful but many of them which have been sprayed have got powdery mildew. Never had it before.

brightlights60, Jul 16, 12:04pm
Yup, first time ever I have lost round a third of my 6ft high In Loving Memory. Bluddy wind, came around the corner (they are along the North facing part of the house and quite protected). Been there around 15 years and bam. I have staked remaining 2/3rd. I am wondering if the rapid and lush growth was just a bit much for the huge winds we are having here in Christchurch/Canterbury. Its the gusts!