DIY Fabric Protection for new lounge suite

catdog68, Aug 9, 9:59am
Have purchased a new lounge suite through Smiths City which is being made in Auckland. Smith City offer a Gold Care plan but its quite expensive. Its an insurance plus fabric protection in one plan. Has anyone scotch guarded the fabric themselves? Bunnings sell cans of spray Scotch Guard for $9 and that seems a cheaper alternative.

rose-murray, Aug 9, 10:23am
I used Scotch Guard on a white Indian Cotton sofa years ago. It worked very well for a couple of years but I didn't do any follow up applications.

supernova2, Aug 9, 4:37pm
If our Lounge Suite is anything to go by it wont last more than about 5 years anyway. It's not a Smith City one by the way. Are you sure it's being made in Auckland? Might be but I thought most of the named brands now just import from you know where.

jan2242, Aug 9, 5:46pm
I had a John Young Suite that I had professionally scot guarded. The material lasted about 5 years maximum. I always blamed the treatment for the deterioration.

catdog68, Oct 10, 6:42am
5 years isn't bad. Definitely Smiths City and being made in Auckland. A lot of the stores now have them manufactured in Auckland, you choose material. The only thing is you have to wait about 8-10 weeks.