Best vertical small garden idea I have seen.

donnabeth, Jan 1, 9:35pm
Well that was a waste of time. I went from one bottle garden to another, which somehow lead me to patchwork quilts and it's now an hour later and I'm still here in my pyjamas with cats waiting to be fed and weeding to be done.

sumstyle, Jan 1, 9:37pm
Heh heh

smoocher, Mar 25, 9:51pm
bumping to see if anyone tried this.
With the lack of water this summer, this idea is really appealing.

lynken37, Mar 26, 12:27am
I think the sand would have to be well washed first, otherwise it would leach salt into the veges. Pumice might suffice , would have a similar effect.

cccc3, Mar 26, 2:48am
lynken37, I would use sand from the river.

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 26, 4:16am
Or packing beans. Lightweight, good fillers and mixed with a bit of activated charcoal they make an excellent filter system.

astroflight1, Dec 22, 3:56am
Found this yesterday, absolutely LOVE it and plan to try it. I am already picturing a wall of salad and herbs in a sunny spot where I can't dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=-uDbjZ9roEQ

astroflight1, Dec 22, 3:56am
Found this yesterday, absolutely LOVE it and plan to try it. I am already picturing a wall of salad and herbs in a sunny spot where I can't dig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=-uDbjZ9roEQ

smoocher, Dec 22, 6:05am
Wow, I am truly impressed at how well thought out and simple that is.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Im going to give that a go.

stevee6, Dec 22, 6:30am
Wow - now that's innovative!

lythande1, Dec 22, 6:45pm
Let's see corn plants, caulis and tomatoes in that.

dbab, Dec 22, 8:09pm
WOW!

tigra, Dec 22, 8:21pm
No doubt about it U tube is a fantastic tool for DIYers. personally I like the plastic drainpipe tower for strawberries I would never have enough plastic bottles.

toffeey, Dec 23, 10:18am
Great. Thanks for that. I have very limited space so very keen on these vertical ideas.

littlemissy1, Dec 23, 11:20am
That is exactly what I want to do, I was going to hang mine which creates even more space.while I think the use of old bottles is great, it would be too messy for me.

goatchickens, Dec 23, 10:13pm
Thanks for posting that - that is awesome and actually looks quite nice when it's all filled in with lovely edible plants.

trogedon, Dec 23, 10:32pm
Looks great. I'd be pulling off the labels though.

mumstu, Dec 24, 7:09am
That looks sooooo cool.Will start saving bottles.

trogedon, Dec 24, 7:20am
Raid your neighbour's Recycle bins.

tigra, Dec 24, 7:52pm
There are some excellent ideas using plastic spouting.

oh_hunnihunni, Oct 21, 8:14am
If the bottom one was another funnel end poked into a big pot say like a fish bin or old style recycling bin, you could put the corn and the beans and the tomatoes in that and eek out the water and liquid fertiliser even more. By the way, the sugar snap peas in my hanging basket with the lettuces worked quite well, and I picked my first cuke from the shared bin with the heavily laden oversized tomato plants. It's all in the feeding I reckon.