Plumber required in Invercargill

kiwi_guy36, Jun 11, 6:25pm
I am looking 4 a plumber to hook up a new bathroom vanity and ill pay cash,,

lythande1, Jun 11, 6:27pm
So why have you not looked in Services, local paper or online yellow pages where they all advertise?

kiwi_guy36, Jun 11, 6:31pm
hm i have , but i was hoping to a plumber who wanted to do it as a cash job,, not through the books :-)

happychappy50, Jun 11, 7:08pm
A skilled handyman can perform that op,I’m sure there would be plenty around

trade4us2, Jun 11, 7:38pm
Fortunately there would be no GST inspectors reading this!

strathview, Jun 12, 7:47am
Unless you have a friend that is a plumber you have no chance of getting one to do a cash job in invers. Just get a plumber and get it done.

onl_148, Jun 15, 4:34pm
If you are willing to use a plumber who is happy to break the rules with respect to IRD / tax / GST. then you are likely to get a plumber who is also happy to break the rules about the correct / legal / santity way to connect up a toilet etc. while your family all "quietly get sick" and you are up to you knees in sh*t, you can happy in the knowledge that you potentially "got the job on the cheap" !
Also, just because you are paying the plumber in cash what makes you think it will be cheaper ?

andrew1954, Oct 30, 4:44pm
Are you looking for this “tradesman” to just work labour only. i.e. you have all the bit required. if the plumber has to supply any bit, he will have purchased them from the plumber merchant and will have paid gst on them. if he has no accounting trail as to then reselling them, then he will have trouble getting the gst back !
Cash jobs (no invoice, not gst , no questions) can sort of work if the trademan is only selling you his / her time and this time is not time they would normally be working. like if they do it on a saturday afternoon, their normal at home time. as soon as material get involved then gst gets in the way !