Plumber missing in action - do I have any legal

footplate1, Oct 9, 8:16pm
We have a half completed job - the reinstallation of a toilet. The plumber who commenced the job not only mislead us on when he would finish, he does not respond to enquiries. If and when he finishes, do I have any legal recourse for the angst and delay? (If no word from the tosser today, I will engage another firm.)

melagray, Oct 9, 8:44pm
I had a tradesmen jerk me around like that and I eventually got someone else in to finish the job. The only bonus is that the first guy never billed me for the work he had done so I got a cheap - but very slow - job.
At least now I have found a good alternative and will never use the first guy again.

footplate1, Oct 9, 10:32pm
That's where I am heading. Never had the problem with other tradesmen - only plumbers.
I wish I had recruited this man through Builders Crack - I could have rated him.,

hesian, Oct 10, 2:40am
Like the guy plastering an outside flat exterior for us maybe a decade ago. Said he could finish it in a couple of Saturdays. Started and then disappeared. Of course he didnt say which Saturdays.

survivalkiwi, Oct 10, 6:13am
Just dont pay the bill. Very simple.

survivalkiwi, Oct 10, 6:16am
I know a guy who commited suicide after someone rated him on line. I wish we could rate bank staff and government and council employees.

kenw1, Oct 10, 8:04am
I wonder if it was our builder.

rotormotor7, Sep 5, 5:17pm
we had a leaking tap(stuffed seat)
plumber replaced for temporay handle and seat, I bought replacement mixer. you think i could get him back to fit?
ignored phone calls, ignored messages left, finally made appointment. never turned up
made a second appointment. again never turned up.
He rang week later, but by then we got another plumber who replaced straightaway

Im a tradie myself. his service (lack of) is appalling.