Cyclamen plants

colin433, Aug 1, 7:13pm
I have had an ordinary cyclamen since May, it finally finished flowering today.
What do I do with it now.

Also, it has one seed head that looks viable. Will the seeds grow
TIA

harrislucinda, Aug 1, 7:17pm
just leave and dont over water as bulb will rot Flowers will come back next year Yes seeds will grow wait until pod drys off

starseeker, Aug 2, 7:15pm
Plant it outside in your garden, it will do well. Will also seed & grow more

oh_hunnihunni, Aug 2, 8:50pm
They plant their own seed, leave it alone and the plant will do it all by itself. Fascinating to watch! That's why they clump, rather than scatter grow.

samanya, Aug 2, 9:05pm
I love having cyclamen plants on my kitchen windowsill over winter . cost about $4 each from TWH & they give months of pleasure & once they are finished, I chuck them outside, sometimes I plant them under trees, & sometimes I just pop them pots and all, out side & they start flowering again . hardy little plants. In my climate, I've never had one seed, but I don't care. They are very resilient little plants.

gabbysnana, Aug 3, 8:29am
I bought all the cyclamens from twh from there chuck out plant bin for $5 for the lot. There are 20. Put them in a raised garden outside my kitchen window under the camelia trees. They have not stopped flowering for 2 years, summer, winter, just pretty flowers, a score.

thistle4, Aug 3, 10:45am
I have around 2 dozen little cyclamen growing in my greenhouse. They were grown from seeds I took from a plant growing on my windowsill. I give the small plants to friends and family who visit.

colin433, Oct 12, 2:51am
I'm not talking about the lovely little mini cyclamen, It's one of the larger flowering variety. The ones that I always killed years ago by watering from above. I know better now, and had flowers non stop since May, but now it's just the greenery.
I could chuck it out and buy new next year, or I could do what someone tells me is the best. I thought the advice above sounded more like mini's. I have carried THEM over for three years now, very successfully too, I might ad, and at the moment have a range of colours with more still to flower