Fridge recommendations please

hezwez, Jan 3, 10:31am
Our old fridge is working overtime, seals split, condensor full of water, am biting the bullet and getting a new one. Any recommendations please? Something with a small freezer, larger fridge area. Currently have a Simpson. Want one with good energy rating. Thanks

michlmasters, Jan 3, 11:30am
The Mitsubishis are very good, built in icemaker (not plumbed in) and excellent vege drawer.

samanya, Jan 3, 11:38am
I've got one of these & it's great, especially the ice function.
Initially I wondered if the actual fridge part may be a little small, but that hasn't been the case as most of the bulky stuff like vegetables are in their own drawer.

gazzat22, Jan 3, 12:02pm
Had a Mitsubishi Fridge Freezer for about 7-8 years .No problems really apart from plastic capping on top of doors cracking probably by wife bumping them.Non adjustable shelves are a pain but apart from that a good product.

aisling8, Jan 3, 8:56pm
I love my Westinghouse. Good vegetable draw. We have an older one in the garage and newer one in the house. Sister has a Mitsubishi and has had no problems with it. Guess it is look around and personal preference.

hezwez, Jan 3, 11:14pm
Thanks all :-)

jan2242, Jan 4, 8:42am
Don't get F & P - mine is stuffed and only 6 years old.

lythande1, Jan 4, 9:19am
+1 for Mitsubishi. Check user reviews online, seems Mitsubishi has a reputation for long lasting reliability.

kaddiew, Jan 4, 11:38am
My 15+ year old F&P is still going strong, never been repaired. They still make the same model, but I very much doubt you'd get that same quality today.

ryanm2, Jan 4, 3:38pm
Anything F&P made since the 2000's is pretty shitty. Just another Chinese brand now that Haier own them.

molly37, Jan 4, 5:17pm
Never had an issue with F&P. We love our extra wide (not double door) fridge/freezer at the bottom. Its also got a plumped in ice maker and cold water filter which we just love love.

valleygirl16, Jan 4, 8:39pm
Mitsubishi for me too. Love the big vege draw where you can also keep a couple of bottles standing up.

lythande1, Jan 5, 7:33am
One person owning one fridge is not an indication of reliability.
Thats why you read user reviews online., F&P, like Haier, now have started getting heaps of negative reviews. Because it now is Haier.

cantabman1, Jan 5, 7:52am
Length of a piece of string please?
I am not sure how long I should have it, can you please tell me?
Anything is good except what you have now!

sprinter51, Jan 5, 10:41pm
Mine is a Prestcold by McAlpine
35 years old still working okay (touch wood)

Sure shows its age but Hey, its like an old friend now and hate to part with it

supernova2, Jan 6, 11:25am
We got one of these
http://www.lg.com/nz/fridges/lg-GB-450UWLX-450l-bottom-mount-refrigerator

It was on special the day we bought it and it ticks all our boxes.

It's briliant at keeping things cold.

cottagerose, Jan 8, 8:38pm
I have a Bosch fridge with a freezer at the top and have had for over 10 years with no problems. It has a large vege drawer at the bottom.

hezwez, Jan 14, 9:12pm
This is what we went with, the 310L model though and 4 star energy rating. Thanks everyone for your opinions.