Decromastic roof

elect70, Aug 14, 10:07am
im 2k from sea &some of the tiles on seaward side next to the guttering have lost their coating& showing sign of corrosion is there a pour or brush on compound I can use to fix them . They are an obsolete 70s style & no new ones are available &only other option is to reroof .

golfdiver, Aug 14, 10:13am
They normally rust from the inside out on the coastal side. More than likely they will be the ones with an asbestos content so replacing is expensive. ( Roofing Association) is working hard to get an exemption, they have already proved to Worksafe that there is no risk.
Evercryl do a really good brush on membrane that I have had success with in the past. Rustoleum is another product, but it’s spray on and not as effective
https://www.everbuild.co.uk/product/evercryl/

hulloitsme, Aug 14, 7:55pm
Car body underseal. Try a hardware store or an auto supplies shop. It's a thick brush on product in 1 litre tins.

sanders4, Aug 16, 9:15pm
Best to speak to a roofer, we have decromastic tiles installed in 1976 and we have been able to buy replacement tiles in the last 5 years for an addition so there must be an easy solution for you too!

golfdiver, Aug 16, 9:38pm
There were quite a few tile profiles made back then. The Decra/Colortile profile and the Gerard/Tuffcoat profiles are still available. However by the sounds of this, it’s probably an 8 or 10 pan Harvey tile. Not made for many years. The Fisher tile is also obsolete. I’m a distributor agent for the company who made them.,

elect70, Oct 3, 4:03pm
Yeah ive just done that bought 2 L tin from S C 2days ago & worked a treat sticks like glue to metal & the coating . thanks for the tip