Maximum roof space without guttering?

luteba, May 15, 7:42pm
Is there a maximum area of roof you can have without having guttering on it?

I'm planning a box bay window 2m x 0.6m, and having trouble figuring out how to join its guttering into the other guttering/drains. Does it need guttering?

hammer23, May 15, 8:13pm
no,just check and see how much water does come off it. My daughters house has a simalar roof and hardly gets wet as the rain really comes from that direction.

luteba, May 15, 8:26pm
Hmmm good idea, but a little tricky as it's yet to be built so I can't physically check. I guess I can figure the volume out with maths, but won't have much sense of what that will mean in reality.

The roof area is the same as a little back porch we have elsewhere. That porch does have guttering, but the downpipe just discharges into the garden. I think that's probably not ideal and wouldn't be at all surprised if the piles next to the downpipe have suffered as a consequence, though won't know for sure until we open up the walls and floor as part of the other work.

golfdiver, May 15, 11:46pm
Is the Bay window under the existing eaves? Does it face the prevailing weather?

kandjaja, May 16, 3:28am
15m2 is the minimum

eagles9999, Jan 9, 12:58am
Think it varies from council to council, We built a 20sqm patio roof without a permit and also without guttering