Siemens RD10.1 underfloor heating

helen131, Oct 15, 9:23pm
Can anyone help me? I have underfloor hearing in my ensuite and I am trying to turn it off but it is not happening. I have the instructions and under the heading TO SET THE ECONOMY TEMPERATURE it states "This can be made an OFF position by taking the temperature down to OFF. You need to hold the Minus button for 5 seconds after you get down to the temperature 5 degrees"
I have done this and "OFF" does show but the floor does not get any colder so I presume it is still on?
I rang the Siemens people but they want $200 to come out and do a service? Is there something I am doing wrong or does it need servicing? Look forward to any advice. Thank you. Helen

supernova2, Oct 15, 10:00pm
Apart from the electronic control is there not just an OFF switch somewhere? Is it perhaps on a separate circuit on your switchboard and you could turn the breaker off maybe?

Is the floor actually hot or is it just normal room temp? It may be that it actually is off.

macman26, Oct 16, 12:42am
Could take quite a a few hours to cool down.

helen131, Oct 16, 8:02am
Hi supernova2 I cant find anything on the switchboard that mentions this. I have a clipsal safety switch in the room which shows the line power is on and an outlet power indicator as well both lighst red indicating on. Last night I pushed the test button and the outlet light went off and this morning the floor tiles are no longer warm so yeh that turned the underfloor heating off. However it also turned off the heated towel rail which I dont want it to do so I am at a loss again. Any further helpful suggestion? Thank you.

johotech, Oct 16, 10:00am
Call an electrician. They can check if the thermostat is faulty or disconnect it if you prefer.

helen131, Oct 16, 5:33pm
Thank you all for your comments. Yes an electrician is probably the best bet. Cheers.

cagivachick1, Mar 5, 4:47pm
we have a siemens undertile heating controller and it went haywire a few years ago and i discovered it has a couple of batteries, once they were replaced it was able to be reset, there is a little tab on the bottom left that you pull down and that unloads the batteries, you can google how to reset it