Removing aluminium snap in glazing bead

atlantis3, Apr 5, 10:01pm
What is the best way to remove the glazing bead on aluminum windows?
On our conservatory roof the panels have moved forward and I need to remove the beads to slide the panels back up. (plastic sheet -twin light or something like that? )
These were only installed 1.5 years ago. The old panels, that were replaced,
never used to move (slip).
The glazing beads look like a very neat fit and there is no room to put a screwdriver in to prise them out. Some tips on reinstalling could be helpful.
Thanks in advanced

budgel, Apr 6, 8:43am
If you go to youtube and enter "removing aluminium joinery glazing bead", you will get plenty of responses.
I find that pulling out the rubber first allows a putty knife in to find the starting point, but this is on glass windows. Look carefully and you will see that two beads overlap the other two. These need to be removed first.

krames, Apr 6, 10:55am
hook it out

blans, Apr 9, 10:03pm
If its anything like mine tap a wide chisel slightly angled towards the glass between the bead and frame starting close to a corner.

briantamaki-god, Nov 27, 1:12pm
as a glazier with over 30yrs experience i can tell you its easy to do however its also easy to stuff the bead you need someone to show you how its done as each extrusion comes out differently
some you tilt away from glass some towards and some straight down and then tilt but if you get it wrong you will damage the edge or bend it making it not fun to refit especially a roof with chance of water ingress