Orange tree with no flowers.

samsnan, Feb 26, 6:59pm
Four years old well fed and about 4 ft high. Never had a flower on it. What can I do if anything. We planted another one nearby and that is doing well. Tia.

happyrats, Apr 15, 6:09pm
Hi there, I'm a bit late replying but also had the same problem. It was well fed and the leaves were lucious! But no flowers, or if it did get any flowers at all the dropped off. On the advice of another blogger I fed it with a good dose of Dynamic fruit tree food and suddenly it bursted into life!

lythande1, Apr 16, 8:50am
In what? Garden or pot? better in garden, with plenty of home made compost, watered long and slow not often, not over watered, given some citrus fertiliser once a year.
That's all I did and got oranges the first year.
Friend had citrus in a pot, poor thing was alternately drowned, then dry, never fed. She put it in the ground eventually. Dug a shallow hole into the lawn, no digging it over, no compost, and ignores it now, and of course it's still a sad thing.

jenny188, Nov 23, 3:04am
Is it grafted or grown from seed? Grafted often has fruit from 2 years old but grown from seed can be up to 7 years old before fruiting. Many things make a difference, too dry to hot , just see what transpires over the next couple of years. Also some "trees" have a heavy year followed by a light cropping year