Cordless hedge/shrub trimmer

dfd1, Oct 27, 11:32am
Anyone out there that has used the Bosch shrub shear. want to get one for doing topiary / grislina hedges. just the light growth.

tigra, Oct 27, 1:00pm
The important thing to establish is how long the battery lasts on a full charge

koru67, Oct 27, 2:03pm
I have the little one with the 2 attachments. I have used the hedge attachment for our coprosma hedges but haven't tried it on our griselinias. I did try it on our neighbours little coleonema hedge but the growth was too soft so it didn't work. I find the straight blade a bit more versatile, good for doing lawn edges, and it works well for trimming our little ficus creeper.

maclad, Oct 27, 3:12pm
We have changed, at work, from petrol to battery, tho they are Sthil brand. They get a lot of use, stand up to it and the batteries last at least a day. Much lighte, quieterr and environmentally friendly too.

dfd1, Oct 27, 4:29pm
Thanks for that. what shrubs or hedges are you mainly trimming please.

samanya, Oct 27, 6:34pm
I have the same one & it's great for all sorts of things around my garden (I've even been known to prune a rambler rose with it, with no ill effects to the rose) & the battery charge lasts for ages, but it is newish.

maclad, Oct 27, 7:36pm
You name it, we use it it on most things unless the branches are too thick. Will cut up to almost 1/2" thick as long as they are not too hard. Hebes, Corokia, Coprosma, Griselinia, Camellias and many others.

dfd1, Feb 25, 2:06pm
Thanks. everyone. will start pricing. them